What is your perfect 2 gso combo?

XtianAus

Gold Member
^^^^ For an category really, whatever you find most important in your journey. For me i'd be looking at survival combo that can double in an emergency shtf situation.

Anyway, I couldn't resist the temptation anymore, buckled (finally) and put in a pre-order for a 6 :D
But where to next?
I am thinking of either a 4.1 to combo with or should i go larger?

Gso's are more addictive than smoking...and i havent even got it yet! But i'm sure not complaining.

5.1 + 3.5. I have to say thought the 2.7 could replace a 3.5 once I get ahold of one.

I would go for a 4.7 and 8 for a realistic man portable system
4.7 as a belt knife can take on all small and medium knife tasks
8 can handle most tasks including chopping without being overly large and heavy

I think the 2.7 could go really well with the 6! A carryable combination.
ALSO
I think the 4.1 and 12 would make an amazing truly do it all team.

A 3.5 in 20cv and a 7/7 in 3v is my choice.
The stainless is handy for food prep but the 3.5 looks to be stout enough to handle a good deal more and the 7/7 is about as big as I want to go for a carry knife and still be able to do just about everything without being to big for smaller tasks if needed. Can't wait for that set of pre-orders to be finished!

I don't own a Survive knife; but I would go with a 12, and probably a 3.5 (if the 4.1 was a little smaller, it might have gotten picked)
The 12 is still haunting me - I'll probably end up preordering one, and kicking myself for not submitting it when the discount was available.

My pick will be 4.5 and 10.

4.5 for skinning, food prep and fine tasks.

10 for chopping and anything too tough for the 4.5. It is a good spot between 8 and 12. More fire power than 8 and easier to bring around than the 12.

For me I would probably choose the GSO 6 and GSO 10, assuming that I have a folder in my pocket 3.75-4" blade. (I always carry a folder, even at work)
This would be a good combo for me since survival/shtf for me would be going into the mountains.

A 3.5 in 20cv and a 7/7 in 3v is my choice.
The stainless is handy for food prep but the 3.5 looks to be stout enough to handle a good deal more and the 7/7 is about as big as I want to go for a carry knife and still be able to do just about everything without being to big for smaller tasks if needed. Can't wait for that set of pre-orders to be finished!

Great choice! Guess great minds think alike! I also have a 4.5 comeing and I'm interested to see how well the thinner blade handles harder task.

4.1 and the 12 obviously. 4.1 for pretty much anything you can think of doing with a knife and the 12 for processing wood, shelter building and self defense. you probably won't even have to use the 12 in a self defense scenario. Just pulling it out should be enough to intimidate the offender in most situations lol.

3.5 in 20cv for small tasks and food prep. 6 in 3v because I'm not a choil guy after having a 5.1 and a cut.

Right hand = GSO 20
Left hand = GSO 20
:eek:

Stole my thunder, I was going to say grab a 12 for the small knife, and a 20 for the big knife. :D

Seriously, I'd go with a 2.7 or 3.5 small knife and 6 or 10 large knife depending on the need. Stand alone would be 4.1, 4.7 or 5.1 (or even 6) as it fits the individual.

Justin Fournier said:
3.5 in 20cv for small tasks and food prep. 6 in 3v because I'm not a choil guy after having a 5.1 and a cut.

Justin, try a grip with your thumb on the jimping, and the joint closest to the end of your index finger in the choil (as Junkyard describes in his day out thread). This works for me where the hammer grip combined with choil does not.

12.1 and 3.5 will be an ideal combo I think. I plan on having a 4.5, 8, and 10 to mix and match though.

I'm happy with 3V's corrosion resistance, I think I'll stick with it for all of them.

Justin, try a grip with your thumb on the jimping, and the joint closest to the end of your index finger in the choil (as Junkyard describes in his day out thread). This works for me where the hammer grip combined with choil does not.

I gave it a brief shot, but I sold that knife :) 6 pre-ordered. Should have it by summer 2017!

Back