What knives have you purchased in 2024?

Thanks bud ! That one really spoke to me.

Yup, first archery season. I’ll be partnering up w/ my best buddy from way back who is an experienced bow hunter. Western Washington hunting can be a challenge during rifle season and I’ve heard similar takes, on bow hunting here, as yours. Really looking forward to it ! How’s Oregon hunting ?

I've come to really despise rifle hunting. A few years back, I bought general season rifle tags just so that I could go out a few times during season and see if I could drum up anything.

I rediscovered that these are the mandatory requirements:

1. Have the largest, loudest, diesel truck possible and drive until you see hair. It's sure to draw all the angry bucks from miles around.
2. Talk very loudly to ensure that all the deer can hear you - they really like obnoxious drunken gibberish.
3. Toss all your empty beer cans out the window while you are driving. This serves as bait - as any good hunter knows, cheap bear is like ambrosia to deer.
4. Leave your campsite full of half burnt trash and poorly buried asswipes. This establishes dominance and lets all the critters know that you are the king of the forest.

Yeah, rifle hunting down here sucks balls. I am certainly generalizing as there are plenty of great rifle hunters out there but they are overshadowed by the morons. There are less morons who bow hunt.

Regarding Oregon hunting, I have a deep love for elk. Magnificent creatures that leave me satisfied even if I didn't make the kill. Playing cat and mouse with an angry bull is a spiritual experience like no other. The blacktail deer down here are small and smart as hell. If I can get one with a bow, it's because they crossed my path while tracking elk. Even with that, it's tricky. A lot of deer are curious, blacktails are wary.

I hope you have a magical time with your first go at it. Seriously, you're going to love it.

All online photos since I haven’t taken possession of them yet…

Why yes it is and yes it will be. I’m picking up bow hunting next fall and that will be my skinner. Lorien named it “Chieftan”. Every one of his knives are unique and special, IMO. If you haven’t already, check out his sub to see more of Big L’s gloriousness . 👍🏼

Michael’s Chieftan (MC) has a nice ring to it EMCEE EMCEE 🍻

View attachment 2446639

And I guarantee you are gonna be hooked on bow hunting. You’re going to see and experience more deer up close and personal than you ever thought was possible.

You will really get to understand deer and all their different behaviors like never before.

I’m excited already for you now, just thinking about all the new and exciting things you’re going to be learning and discovering for the very first time.

Its nature at some of its finest moments and a giant adrenaline rush at the same time, all wrapped into one great experience after the next.

It’s a completely different mindset and attitude of the Bow Hunter too, exactly as Pàdruig Pàdruig stated.
👍❤️

I was already doing a pretty good job at slowing way down in the latter half of 2023. When I got to the point where I'd get a new knife in, say to myself, "Oh, that's nice", then promptly toss it in the knife bin or case, I knew I needed to make some changes and reevaluate my priorities a wee bit.

2024 should see my 2023 CPK preorders fulfilled. I will get in on most any other CPK pre-order if they become available (and I'm not too late to the party). I also plan to pick up a Busse or two and I might splurge on a couple of folders if the opportunity arises. There are a select number of makers that do infrequent releases that I'll be keeping an eye out for as well. Otherwise, my plans are to keep my knife acquisitions to a very modest number and hopefully be able to free up some capital for my other interests.
Brother, that still sounds like a full plate of the exact same kind of rationale that I use ( most of us ???) . My plan was to cut back in ‘24 also but to see it spelled out so concisely………..wow ! I give up, I’m gonna double up this year !!! Thanks for helping me figure this out. 🤣🤣🤣

Brother, that still sounds like a full plate of the exact same kind of rationale that I use ( most of us ???) . My plan was to cut back in ‘24 also but to see it spelled out so concisely………..wow ! I give up, I’m gonna double up this year !!! Thanks for helping me figure this out. 🤣🤣🤣
I only bought maybe 4 or 5 knives last year. It’s time to get back in the saddle for 2024. 🤣🤣

Shit’s expensive bro ! I need to chill so I can afford to go to Blade, buy a good bow, etc. If only I wasn’t a sucker to peer pressure from guys that have CPKs, REKs, and CRKs…..like you ! 😎🤣👊🏼
I wanna go to Blade! I wanna buy a bow, too! Also wanna REK (don't have one), also a CRK (none), need a bunch more CPK's.......

Oh yeah, also a sucker for peer pressure.......

We in the same boat, MC!!!😁

#greatmindsthinkalike??

Damn blade is something I'm trying for but i don't like crowds....

Meadville and Mooresville are a F-ing lock 💯

Meadville.... Jsega51 Jsega51 BIGDORK BIGDORK Non.Nisi.Te Non.Nisi.Te Jo .. Bennie and Sue boo f yes!!!!!

Mooresville...... just fing epic..... I'll drive up to Canada to bring Lorien Lorien this coming year lol

Things will be purchased 2024 at these events lol

Big cities and big crowds aren’t my thing either. I get grumpy in a quick hurry. I still want to do Blade at some point though - just so I can check it off the list, I guess.

Now the Mooresville hangout is far more appealing. I’d like to make that trip happen.

Big cities and big crowds aren’t my thing either. I get grumpy in a quick hurry. I still want to do Blade at some point though - just so I can check it off the list, I guess.

Now the Mooresville hangout is far more appealing. I’d like to make that trip happen.

F yes brother!!!!!

If Nathan has me bring the beer next year too.... it just adds to it lol

Meadville.... Jsega51 Jsega51 BIGDORK BIGDORK Non.Nisi.Te Non.Nisi.Te Jo .. Bennie and Sue boo f yes!!!!!

What are you gonna start charging for your signature at these events?

Also, my first knife purchase of this year has scales that glow in the dark so we can play with flashlights to charge it up and “oooo and ahhhh” after some of those 10% beers!

2RhHlZp.jpeg

Last edited:
Damn blade is something I'm trying for but i don't like crowds....

Meadville and Mooresville are a F-ing lock 💯

Mooresville...... just fing epic..... I'll drive up to Canada to bring Lorien Lorien this coming year lol

Things will be purchased 2024 at these events lol
it's all good, I'll take a plane. As long as it doesn't happen on the 13th I'll be there🤞

I've come to really despise rifle hunting. A few years back, I bought general season rifle tags just so that I could go out a few times during season and see if I could drum up anything.

I rediscovered that these are the mandatory requirements:

1. Have the largest, loudest, diesel truck possible and drive until you see hair. It's sure to draw all the angry bucks from miles around.
2. Talk very loudly to ensure that all the deer can hear you - they really like obnoxious drunken gibberish.
3. Toss all your empty beer cans out the window while you are driving. This serves as bait - as any good hunter knows, cheap bear is like ambrosia to deer.
4. Leave your campsite full of half burnt trash and poorly buried asswipes. This establishes dominance and lets all the critters know that you are the king of the forest.

Yeah, rifle hunting down here sucks balls. I am certainly generalizing as there are plenty of great rifle hunters out there but they are overshadowed by the morons. There are less morons who bow hunt.

Regarding Oregon hunting, I have a deep love for elk. Magnificent creatures that leave me satisfied even if I didn't make the kill. Playing cat and mouse with an angry bull is a spiritual experience like no other. The blacktail deer down here are small and smart as hell. If I can get one with a bow, it's because they crossed my path while tracking elk. Even with that, it's tricky. A lot of deer are curious, blacktails are wary.

I hope you have a magical time with your first go at it. Seriously, you're going to love it.

Michael’s Chieftan (MC) has a nice ring to it EMCEE EMCEE 🍻

View attachment 2446639

And I guarantee you are gonna be hooked on bow hunting. You’re going to see and experience more deer up close and personal than you ever thought was possible.

You will really get to understand deer and all their different behaviors like never before.

I’m excited already for you now, just thinking about all the new and exciting things you’re going to be learning and discovering for the very first time.

Its nature at some of its finest moments and a giant adrenaline rush at the same time, all wrapped into one great experience after the next.

It’s a completely different mindset and attitude of the Bow Hunter too, exactly as Pàdruig Pàdruig stated.
👍❤️
Gentlemen, I really appreciate the perspective and encouragement towards bow hunting. Being the knucklehead that I am, every new adventure is ultra exciting. That said, this one is long overdue. I’ll be reaching out in the hunting and fishing thread when it draws closer. Thank you !

Back