What Makes a Good, Traditional Barlow?

This 1970 Case arrived in the mail today. It has a few spots here and there and the master blade has a minor issue on the tip. I am sure from the factory. Other than these issues it would have been close to mint. It's nice to find one with a few honest age spots that some one has not buffed, if you know what I mean.:)
35858021540_11fe9824c3_b.jpg

36084264022_3e61793b2c_b.jpg

This 1970 Case arrived in the mail today. It has a few spots here and there and the master blade has a minor issue on the tip. I am sure from the factory. Other than these issues it would have been close to mint. It's nice to find one with a few honest age spots that some one has not buffed, if you know what I mean.:)

Well done my friend !!!!

Harry

Ron, as I've stated before it's really hard to go wrong with a vintage Case red bone, in my opinion some of the best bone ever put on a Barlow.

Very NICE Ron:cool::thumbsup:

IMG_0287.JPG IMG_0289.JPG I was at a traditional archery rendezvous over the weekend and picked this up. It seems solidly built, good snap, a lot of life left. It was cruddy but I cleaned it out. I'm not sure when it might have been manufactured. I will enjoy using it though. For $20 I think it is a good buy. More so because the style reminds me of my youth.

Wow ! Waynorth those are some dandy's ! And in excellent condition ! Nice job

Thanks, jf!!:thumbsup:

Nice Case Ron.
The long arm of Charlie reaches even further into the bowels of barlow hollow.

You really know how to turn a phrase, Lyle!!:eek:
That's why I hang out with you!!:D

is that an all metal barlow?

Yes, it is Jack. It's not tang-stamped, but it's in the Russell catalog!
I will post another pic shortly.:cool:

Thanks, jf!!:thumbsup:

You really know how to turn a phrase, Lyle!!:eek:
That's why I hang out with you!!:D

Yes, it is Jack. It's not tang-stamped, but it's in the Russell catalog!
I will post another pic shortly.:cool:

i'll need you to convince Bill to making one some day!

Congrats on Finding that Barlow Charlie! Not only did you find a Curved Barlow - but a Mint one at that!!! What a Beauty! What Beautiful Bone on that one as well!

Nice Case Ron.
The long arm of Charlie reaches even further into the bowels of barlow hollow.
Your post popped up on my feed. I had to scroll up to double check the thread. I chuckled out loud, which caught my wife's attention. She came by to see what I was laughing about.

Wife: What's so funny? [sees the post, pauses] I don't get it
Me: Well, let me give you a little background... see, these are two men of renown in the traditional knife community... a barlow knife is a design that dates back... [5 mins of more information than she wanted]
Wife: What do we need from the grocery store?
Me: Were you even listening to me?
Wife: I'm sorry, were you saying something?
Me: I think the short ribs are on sale this week

I don't think she shares my interest in knives, clever phrasing, or clever phrasing about knives

Back