What SAK/Multitool do you have on the way?

@Glenfiddich: Nice collection. Cool knives too.

@Lone Gunman: That's how I learned that SAKs come sharp when I got my first vic

Just in:

Wenger Teton Hardwoods
Hardwoods%20Teton%202_zpsvvx4pohk.jpg

Finally ordered a Compact and an Electrician; should come in first week of January. (Still relatively new to SAKs; this amounts to Numbers 5 and 6 in my current collection.)

Finally picked up a Leatherman PS style key chain multi-tool. This is the one without the blade. It is kind of cute and I intend to look at the CS and PS models. I think I'll get some use out of this one, especially when I'm working in state, county and federal buildings where blades are forbidden. I need the little pliers the most and almost always for pretty small tasks where I just need a better "pinch" than I can provide with my fingers.

Believe it or not, this is my very first Leatherman product. Use mostly Vic stuff.

I have a 01 Wenger Soldier on the way. The last thing I needed was another soldier but the price was right.:D

Today the big one arrived! :)

d193337510a1196a3671fbebc03173b1.jpg

Wenger Matterhorn Plus! :D

As you can see by the compass, it appears to be a first generation version, 1985-1986?.

The knife is in good condition with snappy tools and unsharpened knife blade, only the philips screwdriver is chipped.

It is frickin' huge! Here it is compared to a compact, a handyman and a cat:

2ee567f739d7abb50c8471d84d617686.jpg

And taking the cat out of the equation:

abe5836b0a2fb5f296bc753afd198188.jpg

b7bf226e45e22ff06a7f022a1da50123.jpg

Last edited:
In the past four months i've scored 3 Leathermans in pawn shops. a Wave, a PST and a Supertool. I also got a Leatherman Clutch over the holidays, not the most versatile tool but i like it. It's more of a niche item for those times when you just need vise-grip type pliers!

I couldn't find a Vic Mechanic on Vic's website the other night, so I figured I better order one before they were gone.. Should be in my hand by next Friday! Woo!

Back