what to do about a sheath?

I have a plan for a clip that'll be height adjustable for higher or lower carry (not super low, but lower). Need to test it for durability and I'll see what comes of it.

Is this something that would come standard and replace the current clip or be available as an add-on? Either way I like the idea.

Guy and Ellie do a good job keeping us updated, but can I coerce you into any details on the status of GSO 5 sheaths?

Is this something that would come standard and replace the current clip or be available as an add-on? Either way I like the idea.

Just an idea at the moment. Will have to see how it works and then go from there.

Guy and Ellie do a good job keeping us updated, but can I coerce you into any details on the status of GSO 5 sheaths?

Rolling out. Should have 'em all on the way over the next few days.

Just an idea at the moment. Will have to see how it works and then go from there.

Rolling out. Should have 'em all on the way over the next few days.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Edit to add:
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Last edited:
Thanks for the report sir! Very good of you.

I'd like to see that clip when you get to where you're satisfied with it.

I found the sheath on my 4.1 matches the top holes in the ESEE 3/4 Molle backer. The lower holes are close enough that 1 minute with a rat tail file would make a perfect fit. I may just use paracord on the bottom two. That ESEE backer is simple and strong. It has a Molle mount or works for belt carry.

Nice. I'll be checking the 5.1 I just got with my molle back for my laser strike. I hope it works cause I carry it strapped to my pack unless I'm in the woods and then its on my belt.

I'm still gonna order one of your extent ions chiral just for back up if nothing else.

Any pictures jdk? I'd like to see that.

Last edited:
Nice. I'll be checking the 5.1 I just got with my molle back for my laser strike. I hope it works cause I carry it strapped to my pack unless I'm in the woods and then its on my belt.

I'm still gonna order one of your extent ions chiral just for back up if nothing else.

Any pictures jdk? I'd like to see that.

I'd like to see it too. Let us know if the setup for the 5.1 works Texas. I always like looking at means of attachment.

Is the laser-strike molle-back the same as for the ESEE-5 & 6? It looks like it on the webpage... if so, it will work on the GSO-5.1:

IMG_0658.JPG

IMG_0661.JPG

I believe the LS uses the same backer as the 5/6. The 3/4 backer is different. I'll see if I can get a pic up.

ETA: I just checked my LS and it takes the 5/6 backer.

Here are the pics of the 3/4 backer on the 4.1 sheath. Note that I used some ESEE hardware. I have a lot of it.
ESEE%20MB1_zpsw5cgtag7.jpg

ESEE%20MB2_zps0qkm0ptc.jpg

Last edited:
That's one thing I was actually curious about with the starter models, will the sagewood danglers fit on the new spec GSO kydex?

Yes the 3/4 molle back is different from the 5/6/LS. I seen that 5.1 on the molle back I was pretty sure it would fit.

My 5.1 should be at my place sometime today. I won't be there though. :(

That's one thing I was actually curious about with the starter models, will the sagewood danglers fit on the new spec GSO kydex?

Mine will, I guarantee it. :thumbup: One dangler that will fit every model and can be adapted for dangler or drop-loop or what-have you :D Cheaper too. But it doesn't look as nice.

Do you have an FDE color kydex?

Not on hand... how many of you guys would like that as an option?

My current stock is black or OD-green bi-layer extensions. I'm working out the kinks in a new single-layer design (0.125 kydex) with more accessory options, I could do some in FDE, but I'll need to order new material. Anybody have a source for the right FDE shade kydex at 0.125" thickness? If not, I could just do 0.060" bi-layer construction.

Will there be any more old spec 5.1 sheaths available before the old spec GSO's are "off the shelf" so to speak.

Back