What's going on in your shop? Show us whats going on, and talk a bit about your work!

Cru Forge V and wrought iron
stone polished
and etch
still in process

QDQzm16.jpg

lC9kp5P.jpg

personalizer electro etch. Two of these have darker etches, because I just discovered the "Mark" feature, which redeposits a layer of material, or darkens the etch.

personalizer electro etch. Two of these have darker etches, because I just discovered the "Mark" feature, which redeposits a layer of material, or darkens the etch.
They look good. Nice and crisp. Mulling over going with electro-chem etch vs laser engraver. The laser is so much $$$, but it would also be great for marking tooling, graduations on dials, control panels, etc... I primarily am into machine shop work and fabrication, so the laser would have a wider application for me. Decisions.

My most recent project, a Bill Bagwell inpired fighter. It does have a hamon which is not captured on the pictures. Curly maple handle, mild steel and brass fittings.

TGEuMLO.jpeg

FYG0q6Y.jpeg

XBEvsM9.jpeg

NVx4dAn.jpeg
That’s a real beauty. Do you have to take it down to sharpen it due to the guard?

That’s a real beauty. Do you have to take it down to sharpen it due to the guard?
Thank you very much!
On previous knives with a similar guard, I simply didn't sharpen this part of the knife or I sharpened them prior assembly.
Since this is a takedown, it can be sharpened while disassembled for a more uniform result, however it's not 100% necessary (since this part of the knife will not get used anyway).

I should call this one the Phoenix, because it rose from the ashes of a blade I thought I would have to trash. The shape was reground (hard) from S90V to a small recurve. I took inspiration from the two Afghan pesh Kabz I brought back from OEF in 2006, I have hanging on my I love me wall.

The blade is Hollow ground S90V with an edge thickness of .005...yeah. Tang is a very thin taper, and the handle is bone paper Micarta I got from Maker Material Supply. The tip is a little bit thicker for strength at .010. For sure this is NOT a hard use woodsman's knife...more a flesh cutter.

Handle will get sculpted next.

j4C8vVO.jpg

J2LtFdV.jpg

Back