What's the worst your S!K has seen?

I hear stories of all types of knives being used as scrapers, pry bars, foot holds, shovels, axes, toothpicks, chisels, etc.

What's the most abuse/hardest use/dumbest thing you guys have put one through (besides selling one)?

Aside from selling...scraping my 4.1 laterally against a rock...was trying to make tinder from bark and slipped, rolled the edge a bit....luckily guy fixed it up nicely!

I've used my 4.1 i edc as a pry bar many times at work

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I put my 4.1 on the counter every time I shower so it's seen it all.
My old 10 chopped the hell out of seasoned oak with no issues.

batoning with my 7/7 I hit a small rock rock in the ground and it caused a micro fold that I stroped out.

Dropped my 5.1 on my weights and messed up the edge on the belly/curved portion on the blade

I made some coffee on my home made alcohol stove and wanted a picture. I stuck my 5.1(3v) in the ground and hit rock, it got some rolling and a few small chips, about an hour on the stones and she was good as new.

My old 10 chopped the hell out of seasoned oak with no issues.

Same 10 I got from you bud? I've chopped pretty hard with it, zero issues here either. I did manage to damage the micarta scales by hammering in a fencing staple with the butt. No marks on the metal though.

Same 10 I got from you bud? I've chopped pretty hard with it, zero issues here either. I did manage to damage the micarta scales by hammering in a fencing staple with the butt. No marks on the metal though.

No it was the one I had before. The one you have was only used on some pine.

No it was the one I had before. The one you have was only used on some pine.

Dang man, I wonder how many GSOs you'd have if you had kept them all, lol.

I did manage to put two very (let me stress VERY) small nicks in the 10 by chopping off turkey legs. I wasn't too surprised as it doesn't take a big bone to really damage a blade, certainly not something I'd recommend, but I wanted to see how the geometry on the 10 would handle it. Did very well IMO.

I just did a count and it's pretty ridiculous.
22 so far. I really need to stop!
(1) Necker
(1) Necker 2
(4) 3.5's
(1) EDC 4
(6) 4.1's
(1) 4.7 cruforge
(3) 5's
(1) 5.1
(2) 6's
(2) 10's

That's surprising that a turkey leg would chip it. At least you're using the hell out of it!

I just did a count and it's pretty ridiculous.
22 so far. I really need to stop!
(1) Necker
(1) Necker 2
(4) 3.5's
(1) EDC 4
(6) 4.1's
(1) 4.7 cruforge
(3) 5's
(1) 5.1
(2) 6's
(2) 10's

That's surprising that a turkey leg would chip it. At least you're using the hell out of it!

Holy S! Standard! As the owner of one of your 4.1's I am glad you moved some along :) I have mercifully not done and damage to it. I did remember that I also got some staining on my 3v 4.1 from not cleaning the blade well, but that cleaned up. I also scratched my new 5.1 inserting in a dirty sheath, but that also cleaned out

I wasn't surprised. Bone is notorious for that. But let me stress that I looked at it as a win, and the chips are tiny. I haven't bothered to sharpen them out yet, I'll see if I can get a picture.

Sorry, this is the best I can get. They are very small, but there are a couple there about in the middle of the picture. It's not going to take much to put it in top shape.

Holy S! Standard! As the owner of one of your 4.1's I am glad you moved some along :) I have mercifully not done and damage to it. I did remember that I also got some staining on my 3v 4.1 from not cleaning the blade well, but that cleaned up. I also scratched my new 5.1 inserting in a dirty sheath, but that also cleaned out
That m390 was a tough one to let go of! I'm glad you're taking care of it.

I wasn't surprised. Bone is notorious for that. But let me stress that I looked at it as a win, and the chips are tiny. I haven't bothered to sharpen them out yet, I'll see if I can get a picture.
I'll have to stay away from cutting any bones. At least it handled it well!

Write er' off buddy!

Lol. I feel a little silly for even bringing it up, but that is the worst I've got, and I have flat wailed on that thing. Nothing else even left a mark. And I guess that's my point, it has just ate up everything and asked for more.

Back