What's the worst your S!K has seen?

I took some close-up pics of what remains of the chips I put in my GSO-10 a long while back, I've continued to use and sharpen the rest of the edge, so the chip will slowly disappear as the edge creeps back

Currently sporting the defunct "orange" terotuff scales

P1050310.JPG

P1050311.JPG

P1050312.JPG

P1050313.JPG

P1050314.JPG

A great tool. :thumbup:

I have my M390 4.1 on my belt as I type. This is my go to blade for light around the house work when a capable blade that I might have to thump on could be required.

Batoning seasoned oak, on more than one occasion with my 7/7. I broke through the wood and the knife hit rock. No chipping but a really bad fold. I stroped it for about 20 or 30 minutes to get it back in shape. Good ol' knife!!

A close second was when I was carving a try stick out of a treated pine hand rail with my old 4.1. After about hour three or four I checked the blade and and found that I had a few "flee bites" and lots or micro folds I sent it to Guy who resharpened it for me. I've managed to f'up that blade a few times. It's been back to Guy at least 4 times. I've since had to reprofile it another time, see pics below. I am pretty hard on that knife. I've also made the canvas micarta handles slick with use. I'll need to send it back to Guy to have the handles microtextured.

Back