Whats your favorit "light and simple" EDC SAK?

I personally like the Executive, but some people might not care for the "orange peeler/screwdriver" blade. I have uses for every feature on it, except for the keyring.

But to be honest, if I'm not carrying my Spirit, I tend to pair the Executive with an alox Soldier. IMO, these two knives make a great pair. I suppose if I was going into the wilderness, I might switch off the Soldier with a Farmer model for the saw feature.
Jim

all signs points towards a scientist.
especially noteworthy feature - a pen.
thus a signature takes care of most other pressing matters ;-)

I like the Compact in all it's various available colors for a 2 layer.

But my go to, overall favorite is the StayGlow Climber. I use all the tools on it, and I love the fun, easy to find color of the scales.

Just went through the exercise of deciding "which one"? and ended up with a sapphire blue tinker. I've been using something on it every day.

My choice for light and simple is the Electrician, in two layers it contains: main blade, secondary blade (sheepsfoot), awl and caplifter.

Also, the bantam seems to be an excellent "minimalist" EDC.

Jaime Orozco.

I'm a ramblin' man ...... Rambler for me. :)

Rambler.jpg

Last edited:
I am a fan of the farmer myself. I have it attached to about 5 inches of paracord attached to a maratac clip on my belt dropped into my left front or sometimes rear pocket. Light and simple.

i love my alox farmer but just got a soldier(new) and have to say its giving a few of my knives a run for their money

I generally use an alox cadet in the pocket and a standard Classic SD on my keys - that seems to cover my regular needs. but there's usually a leatherman or some such multitool not too far away.
Peace
Revvie

My new slim and minimalist is a single layer that was made by Imperial Schrade Corporation (ISC) in Germany. The CN111 Endeavor. It is similar to the Vic Waiter but replaces the corkscrew with a phillips driverand subtracts the scale tools. Although ISC only claimed their opener was a cap lifter, it has enough of an angle I think it should work as well as the Vic combo tool on cans too. Haven't tried it yet though.

Last edited:
I'm still sticking with the Hiker.

hiker.jpg

Picked up another 3 of them today for $14.99 each (brand new). Can't beat that price and they are light and easy to carry. No bulk.

Last edited:
Well, since I carry it everyday, I must like my philips drive voyager

Victorinox-Vagabond-Lg.jpg

The name of which is more correctly Manager, the voyager being the flat-head multitool+pointed nail file and the current rambler+pen combo being originally called the Manager II, but now just Manager. I digress.

Anyway, whatever it is called, the model which is a Rambler + sheepsfoot +peeler has gotten my vote everyday for the last 10+ years; it is light, incredibly versatile, the blades get x-acto sharp and it fits nicely in my watch pocket.

Victorinox-Vagabond-Lg.jpg

Anyway, whatever it is called, the model which is a Rambler + sheepsfoot +peeler has gotten my vote everyday for the last 10+ years; it is light, incredibly versatile, the blades get x-acto sharp and it fits nicely in my watch pocket.

It's the Vagabond

If I want to go light I carry an alox Cadet. Nice little knife with a good tool selection and very similar to the Soldier or Pioneer I usually carry.

Back