Whats Your Favorite Concealed Carry Handgun ?

What caliber?
It's a .380, I hear people go back and forth on caliber but I go with shot placement over stopping power. Also it's a nice little match for my Glock 42. It is an exact replica of a full size 1911 even including the grip safety which most mini 1911's leave out.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

I think I read an article about it in the final issue of Combat Handguns a few months ago. Nothing wrong with a .380 except the ammo cost.

I think I read an article about it in the final issue of Combat Handguns a few months ago. Nothing wrong with a .380 except the ammo cost.
Armscor is the sister company of Rock Island Armory and makes some super affordable ammo along with a local Vegas company that sells reloads. I've only ever had one issue with the reloads and I only use those for range ammo. Only issue is the baby rock is pretty hard to come by, sounds like I need to make a road trip over to Pahrump!

I like the looks of that little Rock Island Baby 1911, If only it came in a caliber I favored, like 30 Mauser 0r 455 Eley or even 32/20 Win.
Maybe someday!
In the mean time I can look at the Contender barrels on ebay...oh look! there is 5mm Remington..

For me I'd have to go with either my Commander or my short barrel Smith & Wesson 38 wheel gun.

Sent from my 6045I using Tapatalk

The gun is not new but the knife is, I always carry a conventional rigging knife but now these are my edc's. The knife has a shackle key built into the blade and the separate fid is so much easier to work with. For my situation the Shield is the perfect EDC, mine has the Techna Clip that can't be seen in this pic and the Crimson Trace laser.

I've got the skeleton version of that knife and marlinspike. Great blades but really hard steel. John took the serrations off of mine.

Even though in my book gel tests are far from penetrating flesh, muscle and bone of the human body.
http://www.luckygunner.com/labs/self-defense-ammo-ballistic-tests/
In high quality defensive ammunition such as the Corbon DPX round, the muzzle energy differential from a 380 round to the 9mm+P is double.
Although, in the end I do like what firearms trainer Jeff Gonzales said, "In any fight, any hole is better than no hole; more holes are better than few holes; and bigger holes are better than smaller holes."

Plus, nowadays they are making 9mm handguns so small, single stacks like the Glock 43, the M&P Shield (not to mention Kahr having that market cornered for so long) make concealability no longer that big of an issue.

I'll have to go figure out how to post pics again, but in the meantime...
My carry varies. 1 or 2 of the following, M&P9 full size, compact or Shield, or G19. Depends on what I'm wearing and what I'm doing. My favorite is the one I have one me. ;)

I recently got to try out the newer Sig P320 compact. That is a nice one to run too.

A number of you have some nice pics posted.

What's interesting is the ammunition. Each cartridge has a pin coming out of the side of the primer that the hammer hits to ignite the cartridge.

What's interesting is the ammunition. Each cartridge has a pin coming out of the side of the primer that the hammer hits to ignite the cartridge.

???

bb5.jpg

I've spent some time getting to know my M&P 40C and have grown to really like it. I am slightly better with the full sized version but the accuracy of the compact is more than acceptable. I also picked up an Alien Gear holster for it a few months back which I like as well. It's very comfortable.

Anyone have any experience with the Kimber Micro 1911 9mm? It's just a bit larger than the .380.

Anyone have any experience with the Kimber Micro 1911 9mm? It's just a bit larger than the .380.

No experience, but I was looking at them today, too. I wish there was a range around here where I could rent one. I'm considering replacing my Kahr CM9 with one.

Taurus 709 slim 9mm is what I carry. I love the slim size it fits my hand well and I can hit center mass with it. I carry on my right hip tucked in my pants with shirt tale out it carries and conceals well. On Sunday's I carry it with a suit coat one and don't even really know it's there myself. I also like that it has a safety something a lot of the conceal guns don't have

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

REALLY wish this would have been out when I bought my Micro .380. Don't get me wrong, I love my little .380, but I already own a 9mm and tons of ammo.

Back