What's your last knife purchase of the year (2023) ?

Not the last knife I bought, but the last knife I received in 2023. A single bevel Harpoon Tanto in Sleipner from @KornalskiKnives - thank you Adam, this is awesome - and happy new year to you !

i-NcqfNG7-X2.jpg

i-FmLctH9-X2.jpg
Roland always comes through with the best fixed blades!

I even sent my SHF folder back in and “Big“ Jake “sharpened“ it. Still not to my specs and I know, I know, I could sharpen it but isn’t that part of the fun with a new knife?
And that SHF became my last knife purchase of 2023. Thanks for the good price. Never been too interested in Spartan knives, but was looking to get a SHF in MC because I like Harsey designs. Still mourn the rosewood handled Lone Wolf T2 that was stolen years ago.

And that SHF became my last knife purchase of 2023. Thanks for the good price. Never been too interested in Spartan knives, but was looking to get a SHF in MC because I like Harsey designs. Still mourn the rosewood handled Lone Wolf T2 that was stolen years ago.
I’ve got it sitting on my table ready to send out on the 4th my friend. All ready to go

Sweet . What’s length on that ? Been thinking about a resc Busse for backyard Solo Stove firepit use . Have been looking for a Basic 8 but other kin lines have good options too seems
This is pretty much a Res-C He'll Razor.
Here's the specs from the Yard:

The DB-421 Specs:

Steel = SR-101
Blade Length = Approx. 7 5/8"
OAL = Approx. 12 3/4"
Steel Thickness = Approx. .210"
Hardness = Approx. 58 to 60 Rc

I snuck 1 more a few hours before midnight last night too.

CPM 3V Drop Point Hunter W/vintage natural canvas micarta scales/orange liners.

Pics from Navman’s ad

Pics deleted to try and make enough room for new ones

Last edited:
This was my last of 2023. Both the blue and the bronze Koenig Mini Ariuses were my last purchases of the year, with the bronze being the very last and the very last to arrive just before the New Year. Currently engaged in a housecleaning of the knife cabinet in preparation for 2024!

Koenig Arii.jpg

Why are we still on 2023? First knife purchase of 2024 is not even a knife b*tches, it's another PryBar. I mean, why not? One is not enough because I need more because Nathan and because Jo and because those college bound kids and those Mark, Bennie and Bo and their families and don't even get me started on the CPK-Pets! Don't spend your $ on anything but CPKs and listen to Matt Gregory. The guy is super savvy and he knows when he sees a sleeper (named Nathan) 😁

Why are we still on 2023? First knife purchase of 2024 is not even a knife b*tches, it's another PryBar. I mean, why not? One is not enough because I need more because Nathan and because Jo and because those college bound kids and those Mark, Bennie and Bo and their families and don't even get me started on the CPK-Pets! Don't spend your $ on anything but CPKs and listen to Matt Gregory. The guy is super savvy and he knows when he sees a sleeper (named Nathan) 😁
Hossom Narc.jpg

First one of 2024 LOL, willpower didn't last long. Got this Narc on the way from Jerry himself. Black Richlite, mosaic pin, brass liners, CPM154. When it gets here I will take better pictures than Jerry had.

Funny thing about Jerry is that he 'retired' from knifemaking and the difference between his retirement and his original business seems to not really be anything, he's putting out as many knives as before, just without any show or mental deadlines!

I’m late to the party, partially because I was holding out for Nathan’s wild sales. These where the last two I picked up, and on the same day. Both have that sweet sweet Carothers honey. My new FK1 user & a nice pretty proto Behemoth. The behemoth is courtesy of EMCEE EMCEE at $11.00 what a good friend!!!🤣🤪

IMG_5666.jpegIMG_5667.jpegIMG_5668.jpegIMG_5669.jpeg

I’m late to the party, partially because I was holding out for Nathan’s wild sales. These where the last two I picked up, and on the same day. Both have that sweet sweet Carothers honey. My new FK1 user & a nice pretty proto Behemoth. The behemoth is courtesy of EMCEE EMCEE at $11.00 what a good friend!!!🤣🤪

View attachment 2443233View attachment 2443234View attachment 2443235View attachment 2443237
I feel like when someone posts two knives that are so disparate in size there should be a tape measure in the picture for scale!!!

Back