What's your latest Schrade? START DATE 3/18

Got this off the bay last week. Any idea of the age?

kb1yFkc.png

Lots of great warm fuzzies here. I especially warm to the 881s, both the yellow one and the 'jigged'. Both have the match strike and nice swedges. Much nicer in my opinion to the late manufacture 8 OTs and their kin. Thanks for showing them.

My latest Schrade is a piece of ephemera I can't recall seeing before. It's a big 8 x 10 SC92-MS02 "Harry Gant - Skoal Bandit Racing - Schrade Old Timer Driver" 2-sided card that I'm thinking might have originally been a piece of bling that came with a fancier Schrade/Gant knife or not . If anyone knows any details about when these were distributed I would be pleased to hear the story. Note the 1992 date on the card.

While I knew of the association between UST and Schrade I hadn't seen Gant dubbed a "Schrade Old Timer Driver" before. There you go. It's official.

I have a HG7LTD which was 1992 production.

"HG7LTD - Harry Gant LB-7 pattern, Special gold filled etch, LTD. tangstamp, brass bolsters, antiqued coined N/S shield, Oak box with glazed tile lid, Ship 9/15/92 - 200 pcs."

I'm guessing it came with these perhaps?

NqOZsMW.jpg

ju5eHV5.jpg

BwdcDbT.jpg

FPie243.jpg

This one is the Bandit's last run...
The MAC tools knife is also a Bandit 33 knife.
medium

medium

Last edited:
Reactions: 315
"Handsome" Harry Gant . . . a gool ol' boy if ever there was one. To win 5 races in a season when Dale Earnhardt Sr. was in his prime was quite an accomplishment.

Back