What's Your SHARP Knife?

You know, that one knife that is you could justafiably call too damn sharp. Regardless of the type of blade whats that one knife that's just crazy sharp? While your at it what's your dullest?

My sharpest- MT SOCOM tanto auto. Since I can't legaly carry it, it's become the "scare your friends" knife I've taken the angle on the edge down crazy low and sharpened it on a surgical black Ark stone and it start popping hairs off your arm before you get to skin level.Just a hair sharper than my EDC Amphibian.

My Dullest- MT Medalion. Not really dullest but not a great user edge. I've got it sharpened on a very shallow angle because it's role is strictly backup and I want the widest possible wound channel if i ever have to use it.

Sharpest would be my Bencgmade 710 thanks to Joe Talmadges article "How to make the Benchmade Axis perform" and the new Spyderco ultra fine sharpmaker rods. She didn't come sharp from the factory, but she is scary sharp now.

Dullest would be my Benchmade 730.

I suppose it would be a Cooper neck knife. My wife and I each have one. They both get sharp, but my wifes is as sharp as any knife I have ever handled. Using a medium stone, then fine, then stropping will make it hair flinging sharp....you would just have to try it to see....I mean sharp :D

That's an easy one. It's my Marbles Fieldcraft, without a doubt. That thing came with a positively scary :eek: edge in it!!!

Welcome to the forums, Sincere. My scary sharp knife would have to be my Murray Carter wharncliffe neck knife. Flat ground to a thin edge, it will cut through anything with the greatest ease.

Marbles campcraft 2000 or the Sebenza when I dress her up.

Generally, my knife uses do not require the razor fine "scary sharp edge but a more durable edge, but sharp is still fun.

Kershaw Boa, M2 710, and a Eric Elson O1 Utility Wharncliffe. They'll all do fun stuff like splitting hair lengthwise and non-contact shaving. Dullest right now is my Camillus EDC, but that's because I haven't gotten around to thinning out the edge yet.

The sharpest knife that I have right now is my small Sebenza. I sharpen it until I can't get it any sharper.

The dullest would have to be my BM 710.

Mine is my Eriksson Mora #1 by a wide margin. It is amazingly sharp, and stays that way through all sorts of abuse. It seems to sharpen easily too....

My SHARP knife is my recently aquired Bill Siegle 11 inch blade Bowie knife. It's so damn SHARP that I'm afraid to play with it! (If I were to drop it on my foot, it'd make quite a mess of things!.:eek:.).

My DULL knife is an old "stainless" AMF dive-knife. (I don't think I could cut a cube of warm butter with that POS...:(.).

My absolute sharpest would have to be my Ed Caffrey Progression II folder with forged 52100 blade, flat ground with a very, very fine convex edge. Never seen anything like it.

I'd have to say my Bruce Evans "Ebony & Ivory" bowie.
And the Dozier boys come in a close 2nd :)
And the worst?
My 70's vintage Buck 110. I never could get that one screamin' sharp :(

My favorite steel is BG-42, but that is a compromise. I can get my Sebenza and other BG-42 knives very sharp but, there is nothing like an old piece of high carbon steel.

I have one knife made of, I think Sandvic, bandsaw steel, that takes an edge like no other.

Steve-O

My Murray Carter drop point is REALLY sharp. This A.G. Russel featherlite one-hand is AMAZINGLY sharp. And I can resharpen it easily.

I had a Marbles Game Getter Sport I gave to my dad that was VERY sharp, and a Cooper Mighty Mite that wasn't very pointy, but was REALLY sharp -- gave it to my sister.

This Bill Burke "pronghorn style" cuts paper pretty good, but haven't really used it for much else.

Burke%20pronghorn-style.JPG

My sharpest knife is my Marble's Loveless Pattern. That thing was ferocious after I touched it up.

My Browning 825 featherlite drop point lockback. I don't know why, but this one is almost always my sharpest knife. My Kershaw Whirlwind is pretty sharp, too.

My dullest is the main blade on my buck 301, as I used it today to repair my vacuum cleaner, and haven't sharpened it yet.

Blackjack #1-7 Classic Hunter is my sharpest knife right now.
My EDC in 420V and Rinaldi Gambit in BG-42 are the two that I get what I think are my best edges on, but they are the only knives I've been using much lately, and are between sharpenings at the moment.

Dullest: an old BM Monarch lockback that I practically wore the entire edge bevel off of at work awhile back, opening bags full of abrasive grit. Haven't gotten around to regrinding it.

Back