Attention Whelp...if you are using..

Testing for new image host...

35089842171_c9ebc3b0c7_c-vi.jpg

VANCE VANCE If nothing else, this is for you and other to laugh at or with or whatever but I've been on Fotki so long that getting pics or fixing links to Photosucket hasn't been an emergency for me. And I just got around to putzing with it today. So, I now know what folks mean when they use terms like "holding my photos hostage". Its taking every bit of strength to not cuss 200 cuss words just for the hell of it because that's all you want to do while trying to open Photosucket and getting hit with barrage after barrage of flippin pop-up ads. Surely the suckers who pay $400 a year hopefully don't have to put up with that! I'm blabbering out loud to myself "No, I see what I want to click. It's right there!" But there are ads on top and ads popping up from the bottom and each side and "If I close just this last one, I'm certain another one won't take its place. Wait, I thought that triangle in the corner of the ad was to close it, not to watch a movie and kick off a devil spawn of other pop-up ads!" As a 13 yr old girl would text: OHHHHH EMMMMM GEEEEEE!!

Wait, argh, what is this pop up for and why do I have to click "Continue to site" when I was already there?

Thus far I've been able to download one photo at a time but when trying to reclaim my Fiddleback Misc album (approx 200 pictures) all at once, I'm pretty sure they designed it to just completely hang once you convince the reCaptcha you're human and believe that clicking Download will actually do something ... then they add a counter in their system to "Number of times this fool tried to download an album". A couple times I got the stupid reCaptch deal to run through "click on all blocks with cars (or signs)" but then you're like "Wait, is that a car roof?" "I didn't mean to click that" "Sweet mother of pearl!!" Awww, I give up. Tomorrow I will open each of the 200+ pictures at a time and click download. Maybe it will work tomorrow?

I'd love to reclaim the other albums I had in there from past sales of all sorts but its not worth that much hassle.

At least I got this pic back (unfortunately sold her a long time ago)
67Fastback-vi.jpg

Photobucket sucks...I gave up on them...for any price. And I have a ton of pics held hostage in there.

Does anyone know how to write the code into the text like you used to be able to with the IMG and /IMG tags?

Does anyone know how to write the code into the text like you used to be able to with the IMG and /IMG tags?

if XXXXX is the URL for my fotki picture, I'll use it to put pics in with the following method

Edit: Crap, I can't do it or it won't appear. Let's try this ...

(left square bracket)IMG(right square bracket)XXXXX(left square bracket)/IMG(right square bracket)

Yep, there you go. Don't enter any of the ( ) symbols btw.

This:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/IBJXrWR.jpg[/IMG]

is the correct formatting for this to appear:

IBJXrWR.jpg

[Link Magix, to show proper link formatting without the formatting actually working: the trick used to be a noparse tag, but in this new software it is simply: plain.
Quote this response to see. o_O]
~ P

let's see how this works

Attachments

• 20170810_182437.jpg
    20170810_182437.jpg
    253 KB · Views: 11
Hummm... Doesn't seem to be working for me...

i-TXsC4BC

Maybe the HTTPS

There is probably an easier way, but I have always done this:

On a PC (or tablet in browser):
Go to your Flickr Photostream ---> Click on the pic you want to post ---> bottom right side of your photo is a little arrow that points to the right, says "share" if you hover your pointer over it ---> click it then click BBCode ---> Pick you desired picture size and copy the link provided ---> Paste link into your post ---> You can stop here and post, or you can delete all the other stuff and only use the IMG"xxxx"/IMG otherwise it will have "by XXX on Flicker" right below your pic.

On a Phone (I use Android) the apps sucks, or I am dumb, and I have yet to find a way to grab the bbCode required to post a pic. If you know how I would love to learn how

On a Phone (Android again, Chrome browser) - It defaults you to the app when you go to flickr so you won't find the share link with the bbCode require to embed a photo outside Flickr. You have to do this: Click the photo you want to post ---> scroll down to the very bottom and click 'flicker.com' which will take you to the desktop website and you can follow the instructions above.

Love Flickr and how it seems to keep full photo resolution when you embed photos on boards, but getting the required code is a PITA on a smart device if you don't know how.

Anybody have any luck with google photos? I can't seem to get it to work.
DFv3iHAieZzFzWM79

Guess I'll give flickr a try.

Last edited:
Back