When you cheat...Who is your mistress? Just curious.

Since owning several CRKs I rarely (very rarely) carry anything else. I mostly switch between my Umnumzaan and one of my Sebenzas. But, every now and then I do 'try' carrying one of my other knives. When I do it is usually my A.G. Russell Acies, my Spyderco Manix 2, or my SOG Aegis. They usually don't make it an entire day before I miss my CRKs and switch. But I try....I try.

Just wondering if any of you CRK aficionados out there ever carry anything else and, if so, what and why?

I must live on the wild side because I have many Male Gigolos....Spyderco, Emerson and Victorinox to name a few :)

My damascus victorinox pioneer sometimes edges a CRK out of my pocket, but indeed usually not for an entire day!

As far as folders I pretty much only carry an Umnumzaan, I do have some custom non locking folders I carry but those are usally only used when I go back home to Scotland. I carry custom fixed blades regularly though and carry them a lot more than any CRK fixed blade. :):thumbup:

It's unfortunate but I do have a few mistresses.

SnG and the VECP when I'm feeling like a big mamma, maybe the Kirby Lamert Small Orion custom or the Klotlzi ACC-M2 if petite is my flavour for the day

And if in for something flippin mad a Tim Galyean Pro Series turbulence.

my zt0300 in the left pocket and my sebenza in the right. Why choose when u can just have a threesome :D

Sometimes I'll carry a slipjoint or SAK instead of a Mnandi. If CRK would branch into knives with multiple blades or a blade and tools, then I'd be content with CRKs only (how cool would that be?!)

It's usually one of these ladies..

d278c442b629170917ba111035a0eb540b0dd08e68c9ba22eb53669b13d3776e4g.jpg

A Benchmade 440 that I got for Father's day a couple of years ago occasionally sneaks in there, too.

I mostly carry a Sebenza, large or small, sometimes an Umnumzaan. When not CRK, I carry several other folders - most often a Spyderco Para Military 2 CF S90V - especially in very cold weather when I don't care for the cold titanium.

Ocassionaly I carry a Spyderco Military CF S90V, Large and Small Ritter Grips with Wilkins scales, Benchmade 615 and AFCK variants.

Sometimes when I know I will have to open a knife in a public place e.g. the Post Office to open a box, I will take a Spyderco UKPK.

In the woods I carry a Victorinox One Handed Trekker.

Last edited:
It's funny that I was just thinking about this topic. I have become ever more inclined to just carrying my Small Sebenza 21 (Only CRK I own). I have only a handfull of knives, but the "thrill of the purchase" has worn off on those knives, but the longer I have the Sebenza, the more I become "CRK" only. I guess thats a testiment to this knife. I do carry a Spyderco Chaparral, and or Swissbianco Minichamp on the weekends sometimes.

Spyderco and occasionally Victorinox for me. My Chaparral gets a lot of pocket time.

Well, I wouldn't refer to my Carson small M4 as a mistress, as I wouldn't want to piss off Kit, but it actually in my back pocket right now;)

Last edited:
Spyderco Para Military 2. That is a great knife for around $100.00

When I'm at work, I carry work stuff...but when I'm off I carry my small insingo. I always have the small insingo on me, just in a leather slip case in the pocket...hah!

Back