When you cheat...Who is your mistress? Just curious.

I am in the middle of a solid month of carrying my small wood-inlayed sebenza to see how it wears, but in my spare time I decided to pimp my Spyderco Southard, so I might have to cheat on my CRK and carry this a little bit over the next few days. I never liked the dull brown scale this knife came with (it is not the colour shown in most pictures....it like a grayish dirt brown.....I think the online shops adjust the hue of their photos so it doesn't look so dull, or maybe a got a particularly drab one), or the offset caused by the G10 side being so much thicker than the lock side. I figured I either had to sell this knife, or find some way to like it. CRK kinda ruined me for most other makers knives, but this Southard had some great things going for it. The factory fit-and-finish were good, and the awesome steel (CTS-204P) and blade shape were too sweet to disrespect.

Anyways.....I found a very old piece of thin Micarta insulation at our shop and pimped my first knife today. I think I was inspired by Bellablades taking the Oxy to his sebenza (you only live once). You can see more photos and details here: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1167865-pimped-my-first-knife-A-spyderco-Southard?p=13367539#post13367539

DSCF9284_zps0159dd77.jpg

DSCF9283_zps5d894388.jpg

I finally bought a William Henry. They are nice knives, but nowhere near the quality of a sebenza. I could never see using one for more than simple things like letter opening and box opening and the like. They are more of a luxury knife more than anything......................I do have a Bob Dozier large folding hunter on the way. I have a small Bob Dozier folding hunter and really like it. Can't wait to see what the large will be like.........!!! Kind of ironic that Bob Dozier collects CRK....lol.

In the end though, if I had to choose one, it would be a CRK of some sort. I have far more than most as they just appeal to me. I have tried so many other brands and I always come back to CRK. YES, they are that good....!!!

LionSteel SR2A. Not much of a contest for my 25 though. One thing I will say, after the factory "edge" was removed, I like it much more.

In the end though, if I had to choose one, it would be a CRK of some sort. I have far more than most as they just appeal to me. I have tried so many other brands and I always come back to CRK. YES, they are that good....!!!

Same here. I'm always searching out new makers and brands, but more often than not, they get sold or traded for CRKs.

In dress clothes I "cheat" with one of the few William Henry knives I after acquired over the years. I have been looking at Lion Steel TiSpine but have yet to pull the trigger on only of those.

Back