Where does Supply/Demand equalize? Suvive Year+ leadtimes

f_d, each of your points are valid. Another point to take into consideration that you did not point out is that the price of the knife, even without upgrades, is discounted in the pre - buy and starter programs compared to the list price S! will sell it for once they have them in stock.

f_d, each of your points are valid. Another point to take into consideration that you did not point out is that the price of the knife, even without upgrades, is discounted in the pre - buy and starter programs compared to the list price S! will sell it for once they have them in stock.
The starter program offered a discount but I'm pretty sure preorders are priced without a discount but do offer free upgrades as the incentive.

The starter program offered a discount but I'm pretty sure preorders are priced without a discount but do offer free upgrades as the incentive.

You could be correct. The original pre-orders from Guy were disciunted. I assumed he kept the same model. You know what they when you ass u me.

The SURVIVE! Starter offered 5% off all orders with additional 5% off if you spent more than $1000 in one order. We ended the campaign but then received a lot of requests from folks who had missed it. So we reopened preordering, but we took off the discount as a way of recognizing that the Starter people were ready to jump right in from the get go. We are still thankful that folks are willing to trust us enough to place a preorder, so we continued the free upgrades. It has been interesting to see how many people order camo canvas when it isn't an extra $5.

Here is a link to the original SURVIVE! Starter pages: http://surviveknives.com/starter/
We kept them up so there could be no question about what was said. You can get to them though the Production Schedule, but they are hidden to avoid confusing customers now that the campaign in over.

Ellie, thank you for your continued communication and feedback. It makes all the difference in the world, to me anyway.

Fiddleback Forge only sells directly to customers on BF, and then only in their Fiddleback Friday sales thread. They have some hand picked dealers that they also sell through. The Fiddleback sales thread lists specific knives for sale, and the first "I'll take it" gets that knife. Usually there is no more than one or two representatives of any given model on any given Friday. Andy has a lot of different models, all of which are hand ground and the handles are hand made. Typically there are 25 to 35 knives for sale each Friday. They do nothing in batches except for thir Mid-Tech line, and these are predominantly sold through dealers. The Friday sales thread is also known as the shark tank as it is often a feeding frenzy. Not sure the same model will work for you as you do production in batches. But, selling knives on Monday that are made and ready to go does make a lot of sense.

I am confident that you guys will figure this out, and please know that I am, and will continue to be, behind the exceptional products that you guys make.

I had been meaning to come back to this post but kept forgetting...

Thank you so much for the information. I don't have the time to research other companies (and I certainly don't need to buy a knife) so I just go off of what gets mentioned here. I do hope we can keep numbers large enough to avoid the term "shark tank" as we progress. So far we are seeing a lot of pros and we are hoping it can be a long term solution. We figure this will help with the people who say they couldn't get one because they were in a meeting, or on a trip, or that guy who was in the hospital with pneumonia, etc. We will be able to keep a model in stock for several weeks, buying us time to get more stock moving. That way customers won't feel the burden of an entire production run being sold out and waiting months. Inventory will be easier to keep track of so we won't be dealing with those tiny launches of leftover knives. We are all looking forward to having a set schedule instead of the feast or famine we've dealt with for years. Christian is particularly happy about that one. He had so many early days and days off while we were waiting for materials and now he is working 9-8 with no down time. Even the emails will get answered quicker since there won't be so many wondering where their "in stock" order is, and I can let people know ordering is just a matter of checking the site on Mondays. It will just be a matter of time to see where the pros and cons weight out.

Back