Which to buy first: 10 or 8?

I have the 7/7 and the 10. The 10 is a great knife, and I personally have no need for the 8 due to having the 7/7. Both the 8 and 10 are big, too big to edc. I would opt for the 10 because it is more of what you need a big knife for. For me the sweet spot is the 5.0 or 5.1, small enough to comfortably edc, big enough to thump the hell out of making firewood, building shelters etc. If the knife is not on my person when I need it, it matters very little how capable it is.

This is precisely why I love the 5.1 so much. It is the perfect balance for me.

Definitely this is a personal preference YMMV type of thing. I find my 7/7 to be a tad too large for hiking and making firewood, which is about 90% of my time in the woods nowadays.

Depends on what you need more... Do you already have a big chopper, or a GSO-5 or 5.1, 6, or 7/7?
If you've got a chopper get the GSO-8 first, if you only have smaller blades I'd get the GSO-10 first.

Then I'd buy the other one... ;)

Depends on what you need more... Do you already have a big chopper, or a GSO-5 or 5.1, 6, or 7/7?
If you've got a chopper get the GSO-8 first, if you only have smaller blades I'd get the GSO-10 first.

Then I'd buy the other one... ;)

This is exactly my plan. 10 is on order. Next comes the 8!

But that 6 though....................

Back