Who got dinged for their gso 5?!!

Who has received notification that their GSO 5 has been shipped? SILVER NEEDLE HAS!!!

Who else? Let us know when you do!!!

I'll add that I'd like to believe that I placed my order immediately after they were up for sale on April 29th.

Also, when this baby arrives it will be a huge moment for me. I got a serious interest in SURVIVE! and the 5 specifically at a really awkward time when the focus of the company was on other models and possibly the farthest point from the 5's return to production. I just couldn't get myself to pay a higher price for a preowned 5 on the secondary market so I waited like a sabertooth tiger at the edge of a tar pit waiting for the woolly mammoth to exhaust itself with struggling before I pounced.

Sorry I get weird when I'm excited. Can't wait!!!

Last edited:
Who has received notification that their GSO 5 has been shipped? SILVER NEEDLE HAS!!!

Who else? Let us know when you do!!!

I'll add that I'd like to believe that I placed my order immediately after they were up for sale on April 29th.

Also, when this baby arrives it will be a huge moment for me. I got a serious interest in SURVIVE! and the 5 specifically at a really awkward time when the focus of the company was on other models and possibly the farthest point from the 5's return to production. I just couldn't get myself to pay a higher price for a preowned 5 on the secondary market so I waited like a sabertooth tiger at the edge of a tar pit waiting for the woolly mammoth to exhaust itself with struggling before I pounced.

Sorry I get weird when I'm excited. Can't wait!!!

hahaha congrats needle, I am still waiting, not anxious though as i just picked up a necker 2 on FB so that should be here friday!

Ah yes, the near instant gratification of buying a S! from the previous owner :thumbup:

It goes without saying that we'll see some sweet pics, right??

Ok, here is my "problem" (quotes are because receiving a GSO could never be considered a problem!).

The first 5 I ordered is black sheath and black micarta. This perfect beauty has been designated as my safe queen as a service to the world to preserve this piece of SURVIVE! history. My red handle/OD sheath is a factory second and will be beat upon mercilessly. This means I'll have some waiting/heavy fondling to do until I can actually get out and use a 5. Some may understand, others may think this is a complete waste of a perfectly good GSO!

Ok, here is my "problem" (quotes are because receiving a GSO could never be considered a problem!).

The first 5 I ordered is black sheath and black micarta. This perfect beauty has been designated as my safe queen as a service to the world to preserve this piece of SURVIVE! history. My red handle/OD sheath is a factory second and will be beat upon mercilessly. This means I'll have some waiting/heavy fondling to do until I can actually get out and use a 5. Some may understand, others may think this is a complete waste of a perfectly good GSO!

haha I understand, I have a few knives that have sentimental value that I don't use that I probably really should. with my gso's I have multiples with the idea of having one at arms reach in various locations (much like a flashlight or pen) but this also means some get used less than others.

Jerk!! Haha! I'm haven't received the Golden Ticket email yet but I'm glad to hear they're shipping.

Mine is on it's way. Black/black just like yours Silver..

Mine is on it's way. Black/black just like yours Silver..

Sexy!!!

But yeah, I thought for sure that between here and Facebook someone else would have gotten notification first and I'd have to hate that person intensely until I got my notice :p But then again, I was ready to strike as soon as I saw the 5's were ready to order so someone would have had to be quick to beat me!

I just got the handles I ordered a little while ago....would love to get my 5.0s soon too.

Right on Silver, that's great news. I ordered my 5 pretty late in the game, so I'm just hoping to get my magic email notification soonish...it's been said before, but it really is true; as tough as the wait can be, there's nothing like getting that email out of the blue, it makes my day no matter what because it sort of feels like I've got a free GSO on the way, since I paid for it long enough ago to have forgotten about paying for it at all. The 5 is such a great size too...

Right on Silver, that's great news. I ordered my 5 pretty late in the game, so I'm just hoping to get my magic email notification soonish...it's been said before, but it really is true; as tough as the wait can be, there's nothing like getting that email out of the blue, it makes my day no matter what because it sort of feels like I've got a free GSO on the way, since I paid for it long enough ago to have forgotten about paying for it at all. The 5 is such a great size too...

about 5 mins after reading this thread i got a survive shipping notification...i let out a pretty good laugh when i realized it was for my necker 2 scales i ordered right after snagging the knife off fb.... pretty stoked about those too though!!

I just looked back at my emails and I placed my order on May 8th....Ellie if you're out there, any rough idea of when a 5/8/15 GSO-5 will be shipping?? I ordered mine just about a week after Silver ordered his, so I may be in better shape than I thought. I had completely forgotten what colors I had chosen for the three GSOs that haven't shipped yet, so it was fun looking back at those just now and saying "oh ya, well, that should be cool"!

To everyone commenting, I'd like to say: thank you!! or: hang in there!!!

haha I understand, I have
a few knives that have sentimental value that I don't use that I probably really should. with my gso's I have multiples with the idea of having one at arms reach in various locations (much like a flashlight or pen) but this also means some get used less than others.
This is an awesome plan and way less obsessive sounding like me!

Now that things are rolling I really hope yours gets out to you soon. I ordered my factory 2nd user the day of or the day before the status changes to "out of stock" on the site, so I really think that one will be coming late. No complaints though. I like how you look at the situation! And yeah man, I'm really thinking this 5 could be my grail with the dimensions of overall length, handle length and blade height plus grind.

about 5 mins after reading this thread i got a survive shipping notification...i let out a pretty good laugh when i realized it was for my necker 2 scales i ordered right after snagging the knife off fb.... pretty stoked about those too though!!
Definitely good news to get any email about shipping, but dang what an emotional roller coaster!

I did the same exact thing. I got some green canvas for my N2 when I got the shipping notice it got me all excited.

Congrats Silver, I know you have been waiting anxiously for this one. We expect pics and first impressions when you get it in hand! I still patiently await my confirmation, but I'm good with that.

Back