Why is it ok? (actions of particular moderators)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not at all sure I know who you are nor what your role is in this. I've been on this site for 14 plus years, seen this kind of asinine behavior come and go. It's still disappointing.

I'm not about to eat my gun over it. Just disappointed that I wasted time that could have been spent much more productively elsewhere.

No worries, I'm sure not many people do know me as I am new to the forums. My names Chris, I live in Oregon City, and am happily married with 2 daughters. I am an electrician by trade, licensed Journeyman in Oregon and Washington, and am currently a Facilities Technician for Tokyo Electron's R&D division. Love blades, am by no means an expert on them, but enjoy everything to do with them. Took up bushcraft a few years back and the collection started to grow.

Anyone else care to introduce themselves?

Hi 2 knife,

I think....I know the internet often gives the wrong impressions of people. We can't see facial features, hand gestures, etc. So you, me, we read "attitude" into the post.

If you went to dinner with both of these guys you would come away with a completely different attitude about them.

I recommended them as moderators because of their considerable knowledge of the custom knife market. Nothing against Loren...but lets face it you should have 10 - 15 years experience minimum to be the "Moderator" of a forum.

Helps if the person moderating who jumps in has been there and done that.

Who am I? I am someone who appreciates a craftsmans' work. Something that someone poured their heart and soul into. Who the hell are you?!? What have you crafted? Nothing! Your entite experience is as a user and a dealer. You are a nothing. Those that can't do, teach. You sir can't even teach. You have been given a opportunity to grow your passion and instead have decided to piss on anyone with an opinion different from your own. Where do you think it he next generation of makers and collectors will come from? They are right here, starting now and looking for guidance. I don't have it. You and others do. Use it in furtherance of your craft instead of self destructing it.

I am a lowly construction worker, father and husband. That is all, and its enough.

Nathan

Hey guys, this is the Service & Support area of the site. You've now taken a discussion (albeit heated at times) that had the potential to address and resolve some issues and turned it into a food fight.

This is not the place for discussion of who wrote what book, who's the most successful dealer, whose balls are the biggest and who can abuse whom the longest and the loudest.

Since this thread is now in free-fall I am going to close it. Links to the most important rules and FAQ's on this site are available below my signature line. Feel free to peruse them (or not).

We will still work to resolve the few actual issues of merit which were originally raised here. Feel free to report posts that violate the rules of the site or request assistance as necessary.

Please try to avoid insulting and baiting one another as well as trolling so that we in turn can avoid issuing infractions that lead to loss of posting privileges on the site.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Hi 2 knife,

I think....I know the internet often gives the wrong impressions of people. We can't see facial features, hand gestures, etc. So you, me, we read "attitude" into the post.

If you went to dinner with both of these guys you would come away with a completely different attitude about them.

I recommended them as moderators because of their considerable knowledge of the custom knife market. Nothing against Loren...but lets face it you should have 10 - 15 years experience minimum to be the "Moderator" of a forum.

Helps if the person moderating who jumps in has been there and done that.
You know what? Get lost.

Les, for all your knowledge, you are a cancer to the community. You consistently flout the rules, think they don't apply to you, and pretend that you are something that you aren't. Your qualifications are largely arbitrary or self awarded and to be quite honest, I'm done wasting my time with you. You haven't gotten the hint. You were banned off the site previously and allowed to return, which is a mistake I'll now rectify.

Happy trails, elsewhere. Since you can't be a constructive part of the community, it's time for you to hit the road.

See you later, love and kisses,
Spark (The guy who didn't have 10-15 years experience when he changed the knife community, you pompous ass)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back