Why is it ok? (actions of particular moderators)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"prsfx", you got corrected and proceeded to go into tantrum mode about it. You received a warning for that. No infraction, just a PM with "Warning" in the title.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kukri

You can start with the basics, and work your way from there. You'd be surprised what you discover if you actualy research what you are defending. Let me know when you want more links, or is this another one of my tantrums even though again I have provided data to back up what I know is right?

Karda

Very nice of you to be so dismissive les, not that i expected any les of you.
Last i knew you did not make knives, but you sell them? Yet you seem to be quite disparaging of "salesmen" when it concerns me. To the point you do not understand that while made one at a time just like your "custom" makers do of the same pattern everytime, The H.I. khukuri could feasably be each considered a custom knife with each their own intricasies. Yet you call them "Shit". So much for tarnishing reputations.....hmmm?

First, man you can't spell to save your life.

Second, I would list my activities in addition to selling. However you would be the first to try and give me an infraction for what I wrote. Which is annoying as because you are a moderator you should not engage in setting a trap like this.

Third knives from HI are in no way shape or form custom knives. Please contact the US Knifemakers Guild and they will supply with the guidelines as to what it would take for anyone to become a probationary member and then a voting member. As well feel free to contact the Canadian Knifemakers Guild, the South African Guild and/or the German knife maker guild. Just so you know when Randall Knives applied to the Guild...they were offered an Associate membership only. Those are for dealers. I'm guessing HI would not fair better. Again, these are not my rules

Fourth, yes you are merely a salesman for HI...an honorable trade however, as I was pointing out....this in no way shape or form gives you any insight into custom knives.

Last, I am not being dismissive of you as a human begin. But as someone who knows little or nothing about custom knives. Until such time as you do I would recommend that you talk less and listen more. LOL....but look who I am talking too.

Ok Kia,

So you really don't have an answer to my question. So I guess I get to pick from:

1 You can't do Math

2 You don't understand that you can't say someone gave you no points...then next say they only gave you 1 point.

Wow and you think Im the one that can't comprehend.

Wow...is right. :rolleyes: You really do like to push people, don't you? Instead of nitpicking posts in what looks to be an effort to get a rise out of another member, perhaps you should be using this time to to work on those inferior people skills you seem to be displaying here...

Morrow,

Thank you....you are the first person to ever point this out to me. Too show you how little I look at my page...I just went there and cannot find the area that will delete my home page from my profile. If you direct me to that location I will be happy to delete my homepage.

In reality if I thought BF would help me I would have a Dealer membership here.

If you look at the top right corner of the page you'll see "Settings." Click that then look on the left hand side and find the "My Settings" heading. Under that you'll see "Edit Profile." Click that and the center frame of your window will show all your profile settings. You'll see a box labeled "Home Page URL." That's where your website URL is listed.

As to your dealer membership, it certainly is an individual and business decision that only you can make. Obviously the more the merrier but I'm sure the other dealers appreciate your absence. :)

Kirda,

You wrote that Karda had not given me any points....then you wrote he gave me a point. So which is it?

You did not follow up with that point is no longer valid or in play. You wrote "Les, you're a minor infraction away from banning and none of those points are from Karda. The 1 infraction he's given you in the past is a single point and expired. I can't grasp your real issue with him in particular outside of a personal dislike."

Quite frankly I didn't even know there was such a thing as infraction points that could be viewed. As I said to Morrow....I don't get to my profile very often. After all I know who I am.

Which leads me to a point Kiah....Why is it that moderators don't have to use their real names and give a little more information in their profile pages?

Next thing you know you and Karda will be telling me I can't use my real name because that would have people do a Google search and well you know....I can't say any more for fear of an infraction.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kukri

You can start with the basics, and work your way from there. You'd be surprised what you discover if you actualy research what you are defending. Let me know when you want more links, or is this another one of my tantrums even though again I have provided data to back up what I know is right?

Sorry, but I just can't bring myself to care. Whether Karda's correction was accurate or not really doesn't have a bearing on your juvenile and provocative response. Maybe you should've just linked him to that page instead the route you took.

May i offer up the suggestion we have a new moderator for custom & handmade. I would nominate one of the best advocates, and a regular participant, "Lorien".
David

Wow...is right. :rolleyes: You really do like to push people, don't you? Instead of nitpicking posts in what looks to be an effort to get a rise out of another member, perhaps you should be using this time to to work on those inferior people skills you seem to be displaying here...

It's like imposing law! Lets ask ourselves what this really has become....Mods coming to the rescue of mods, and Les somehow become MLK.... When exactly is Les aloud come forward from the back of the bus?:eek:

Morrow,

Done.

As to your dealer membership, it certainly is an individual and business decision that only you can make. Obviously the more the merrier but I'm sure the other dealers appreciate your absence.

LOL....Im sure they do. It is the same reason I leave shows on Sunday. I like to give the other dealers a chance to catch up! :D Im guessing your not really in the loop within the custom knife market.

Sorry, but I just can't bring myself to care. Whether Karda's correction was accurate or not really doesn't have a bearing on your juvenile and provocative response. Maybe you should've just linked him to that page instead the route you took.

I see...yet another mod who publicly indicates they do not care. Further more, if you read that post again, which you obviously need to, I did refer him to a link. But, as you have stated, you dont care.

Jaxx,

Where you been...you sir are late to the party. Just throw your coat in the bed in bedroom.

Wow...is right. You really do like to push people, don't you? Instead of nitpicking posts in what looks to be an effort to get a rise out of another member, perhaps you should be using this time to to work on those inferior people skills you seem to be displaying here...

Not nit picking....providing clarity to what was actually written. You don't get it both ways...I know what I wrote but you knew what I meant???

Tell you what, I will work on my inferior people skills if you will teach Karda how to spell and Kiah how to Math. :D

Kirda,

You wrote that Karda had not given me any points....then you wrote he gave me a point. So which is it?

You did not follow up with that point is no longer valid or in play. You wrote "Les, you're a minor infraction away from banning and none of those points are from Karda. The 1 infraction he's given you in the past is a single point and expired. I can't grasp your real issue with him in particular outside of a personal dislike."

Quite frankly I didn't even know there was such a thing as infraction points that could be viewed. As I said to Morrow....I don't get to my profile very often. After all I know who I am.

Which leads me to a point Kiah....Why is it that moderators don't have to use their real names and give a little more information in their profile pages?

Next thing you know you and Karda will be telling me I can't use my real name because that would have people do a Google search and well you know....I can't say any more for fear of an infraction.

I don't know, man. My real name is Kiah (That's what my mom calls me anyway. I'm certain it's not "Kirda") if that makes you feel any better. Since I believe I'm the only "Kiah" here, I've never felt the need to include my last name and SS number in my username.

I'm not gonna keep repeating myself on the points.

It's like fight club in here! I think we could all be great friends when this wraps up, one thing we all have in common....we never back down!

It's like imposing law! Lets ask ourselves what this really has become....Mods coming to the rescue of mods, and Les somehow become MLK.... When exactly is Les aloud come forward from the back of the bus?:eek:

Gimme a break... :rolleyes: In here, I'm not a mod. I'm just another member.

Prsfx,

:D thanks.

Just sitting here answering emails and doing paperwork. A little break from....well I can't say....everyone knows Im on thin ice. :D

May i offer up the suggestion we have a new moderator for custom & handmade. I would nominate one of the best advocates, and a regular participant, "Lorien".
David

I would second that without a thought. Personally I'd recommend STeven as well, though I doubt he'd want it.

I see...yet another mod who publicly indicates they do not care. Further more, if you read that post again, which you obviously need to, I did refer him to a link. But, as you have stated, you dont care.

I'm a mod of my forum. I have no aspirations to deal with the whining that public forum mods or Supers deal with, so while I understand your issue (and the whole two months you've had here to develop it), it's not with me.

Jaxx, I'll be waiting patiently for you to teach me how to Math when you have the time.

Kiah,

Since I believe I'm the only "Kiah" here, I've never felt the need to include my last name and SS number in my username.

No one is asking for your SS number. As a mod you should have your full name. That way people know who they are talking to. I think most people would think Kiah is a screen name. Karda and Jaxx don't use their real names.....who knew you used yours. Im sure you can see that was an honest mistake.

Sorry, Les. I had to catch up. Maybe i shouldn't have put you on my ignore list so quickly... But, then again, maybe I didn't put you on it soon enough. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back