Why is it ok? (actions of particular moderators)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steven !

Hmm,, does that mean the rules here don´t apply to you ?

I mean like you don´t have to follow them , and you are on a - I´ll say whatever I damn like here or be banned quest ?1234,,,

Basically, it means that I follow the rules, and pretty much always have. It also means that Mods can be wrong, and I'll challenge them if they are...like I did here....if you don't like that you are "free to leave" to use your own words.

Somehow I've managed to avoid being banned, or even seriously infracted.

Pap11y, really dude...I don't get a kick out of being mean....an ugly knife is an ugly knife....how do you sugar coat that?

There are people in the community that you will find affinity and familiarity with...and there are some that you will not. You have to make and take away the experience that you want to. If my posting and presence in Customs somehow interferes with your enjoyment, put me on ignore or try to see where I am coming from and use THAT to frame your own perceptions.

The choice is yours.

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

Last edited:
Basically, it means that I follow the rules, and pretty much always have.

Your record clearly bears this out...:rolleyes:
I suppose Esav, Troy, Thatmguy, MikeG, KenC and even Spark were in error for infracting you.
Yet the only one you seem to feel deserves a public thread in tech support is one whom has never infracted or warned you?

If i recall in that thread, the actual maker never said he was insulted to Kohai999's comment. It was just those random people coming up to his defense who thought it was offensive.

While still somewhat of a fresh member, and very new to the customs forum i don't comment often there and will not provide any critiques of my own due to my lack of knowledge on the matter. While Kohai999's words may have been a little rough, it was only his opinion that it was ugly. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder right. There was no personal stab to the maker, it just wasn't his cup of tea.

Though it seems like Karda's comments could have been taken to PM, rather than throwing the thread off-topic.

Seems some people are more sensitive than others here(or past history that's sticking around?), but that particular thread seemed fine until Karda came in.(i don't know or have spoken to either of these members, just an outside perspective)

I was perfectly fine with it being over and done with in the custom forum. But i'm not the one who posted this thread.

I was invited by Elliott to post this here....and took up that invitation....and am very glad to have done so.

This is still going on? If I were Spark I'd tell you guys to just get along or get gone.

Damn good thing you ain't Spark then, isn't it?....Then your name would be Spark Stifle instead of Spark Schlossberg.

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

For fuck's sake.

If you've been here for longer than a day, you know that I'm a fan of constructive criticism, which is not the same as bitching for the sake of bitching.

All of you need to chill out. I'm discussing this issue with the mods in the back end. I'd strongly advise that everyone involved in this discussion examine what contributions they make and how their behavior effects the perceived community as a whole.

If you don't like the tone of the custom forum, or any forum for that matter, you should do your best to set the example and raise the tone. If you have knowledge, share it. If you don't want to share it, keep snide remarks to yourself. Be a positive force in discussions, not a negative one.

This isn't going to turn into a battle of who's infraction history is worse or who made a mistake when. We're adults, let's act like it.

... I'd strongly advise that everyone involved in this discussion examine what contributions they make and how their behavior effects the perceived community as a whole.

I think the problem is that these guys are THIRD EYE BLIND.

I've seen endless posts by people attempting to point out what the problem is with their posting style and they JUST DON'T GET IT.

If you don't like the tone of the custom forum, or any forum for that matter, you should do your best to set the example and raise the tone. If you have knowledge, share it. If you don't want to share it, keep snide remarks to yourself. Be a positive force in discussions, not a negative one.

I agree. Constructive criticism serves the community. Negative dismissals only serve the ego of the critic.
I'm a Custom knife peon, but I'm a pretty damn good reader and can tell the difference between egotistical slights and constructive critique.

FWIW, I fail to see the point of all this drama.

I consider STeven and Karda both friends (as far as internet friends go). I don't know Les or "prsfx" from Adam.

STeven's initial assessment was non-constructive IMO, but I do agree with his subsequent post on the actual topic.

Karda has been a mod here for years (HI, Exchange (sans title), Super) and I have yet to see the problems people are whining about.

"prsfx", you got corrected and proceeded to go into tantrum mode about it. You received a warning for that. No infraction, just a PM with "Warning" in the title.

Les, you're a minor infraction away from banning and none of those points are from Karda. The 1 infraction he's given you in the past is a single point and expired. I can't grasp your real issue with him in particular outside of a personal dislike. The fact that you're skating by as a registered user with a dealer site in your profile doesn't exactly lend well to your points of fairness and rules in my opinion.

Personally I have no issue with the way STeven posts even if he does come across as an ass half the time. It's kinda hard to gauge intent on the internet, but I don't feel he's trying to be harsh. I'm sure I come off as a prick more than I mean to. I also feel that Karda is a great mod and an asset to the forum and has jack to explain or apologize for.

Maybe a new custom mod or two could be added over there so that Supers don't have to keep an eye out on it and deal with a climate that is so different from the rest of the forum.

Just my thoughts. STeven will now proceed to mock the majority of it. :D

Anyone that can not see the disdain Karda has for the custom forum is blind.

That is just the simple truth

I'm sorry Spark, and to all the moderators here for this nonsense.

On the last project we where discussing in the customs forum which happened to be the Jason Knight Khukuri , Essav (who is a gentlemen) contacted me with what he would like me to do, and I promptly did so.

Karda still had issue with it

I have always been respectful to any moderator that has ever contacted me and requested me to do something.

Karda I'm sorry but I find words that you use, and the way you speak to me offensive and improper etiquette for a moderator

When you pm me there is always a condescending tone or word thrown in that I find offensive. I am not used to being spoken to that way. I'm sorry

I do not feel that is how a moderator should speak to people. Especially someone that is been here for years that never attacks people unless attacked etc. etc

I always pay for some type of membership and I think you will find I try and be helpful and contribute when ever I can

The only times I have ever been nasty on here was when someone was berating me in the cove which I do not frequent and that thread where people where advocating using fish hooks to trap animals. Which I still find sick.

The same thing he accuses me of doing he does all over the forum as a moderator promoting Hi stuff. I get infractions he gets nothing

Everyone knows I am not a dealer, but I paid for the membership to promote my friends and custom knives in general

This all started a few years back when I posted a custom Khukuri in the HI forum. Which was a mistake on my part and after Karda told me that it was not apropriate I never did it again. Then I believe I posted up some HI Khukuri's with custom leather and again Karda said that was not apropriate. Okay my bad I stay out of the HI forum unless I am buying something and now I will stay out period.

So now Karda who IMHO has a definite disdain for the custom forum is running around the Custom forum attacking the regular members.

I'm sorry Karda that we do not get along. I'll stay out of the HI forum and off of any thread you have anything to do with I respectfully ask the same of you. But I forgot your a super mod and you can do anything you want and you won't be happy till all of is elitist custom knife fans are put in our place or banned.

IMHO Karda does not have the temperament nor the tone to do what his position requires

Again I apologize to all involved even Karda

Kiah,

You need to check with your boss. He asked me to remove my website address from my signature block two years ago which I did. At no time...I repeat no time has anyone said a word to me about my web page addy being in my profile. There is no skating by. I have followed the rules (as put forth by Spark). Much like Karda the issue is not mine...it is yours.

Les, you're a minor infraction away from banning and none of those points are from Karda. The 1 infraction he's given you in the past is a single point and expired. I can't grasp your real issue with him in particular outside of a personal dislike.

So which is it Kiah..are none of the points from Karda....or Did he just give me 1 point? Do you really not read what you write? He Gave me a point....but none of those points are from Karda.

See there is the real issue....you are the one confused. So which is it....he did or did not give me any points? Man make up your mind will you. :D

Kiah,

You need to check with your boss. He asked me to remove my website address from my signature block two years ago which I did. At no time...I repeat no time has anyone said a word to me about my web page addy being in my profile. There is no skating by. I have followed the rules (as put forth by Spark). Much like Karda the issue is not mine...it is yours.

Yep, it's all the other people. Couldn't possibly have anything to do with you. Your addy being in your profile as a free user looks a little like skirting the rules to me. Of course, I'm not a Super so whatever. Not my call. If you ask my "boss" about it, tell him I need a raise while you're at it.

So which is it Kiah..are none of the points from Karda....or Did he just give me 1 point? Do you really not read what you write? He Gave me a point....but none of those points are from Karda.

See there is the real issue....you are the one confused. So which is it....he did or did not give me any points? Man make up your mind will you. :D

Let's see if I can break this down a bit simpler. None of the active points (those that will likely lead to your eventual autoban if you get another infraction) that you have are from Karda. The 1 point he's given you is expired and has no bearing on your total. I can draw you a picture with apples in a basket if that'll help make it clearer.

Kiah,

In past 2 years the rules have tightened a bit concerning business promotion. The most current rule is below and I also linked you to it. Having a link to your business site in your profile "website" listing as a registered user is no longer allowed.

*The only members who may promote or display their personally built knives, their products, or services in the discussion threads, signature, home page listing or their user profile are "Manufacturers", "Dealers", and "Knifemaker/Craftsman/Service Provider".*

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/announcement.php?f=749&a=98

Last edited:
Ok Kia,

So you really don't have an answer to my question. So I guess I get to pick from:

1 You can't do Math

2 You don't understand that you can't say someone gave you no points...then next say they only gave you 1 point.

Wow and you think Im the one that can't comprehend.

Fools rush in...

Just walked through these posts. Reminds me when our two sons were teenagers. Alpha males are supposed to urinate their conquered territories. For about three years we had one adult male and two teen males pissing and re-pissing all over the house. Lotsa chest bumping here. So, we have a super mod who seems to be pissing out his domain and a few others challenging that. You're probably both right, truth be told. But everyone's getting "hooked" on each other's style of communicating (or enforcing). By his own admission, the OP says he can be mean and "a little childish" in his reviews and he does it to toughen it up for those that enter the real world of knife shows. I see this on a multitude of forums all under the guise of critiquing. Why is it so hard to just say clearly, and as Blue stated, with a little more compassion, what could be improved on the knife? I guess because I have a rough time putting a nut on a bolt as well as failing in Stickman 101, I have a deep appreciation for anyone that is skilled in craftsmanship and design. If it's really that bad, can't you just pm the guy and say you appreciate his attempts but that puppy ain't going to fly. Reminds me of old Pappy Drake in wood shop. After laboring for longer than I care to admit I presented my prize bootjack to him for inspection. I knew it wasn't perfect but, hey, it was my first work of art. Without a word, he went to the bandsaw, turned it on, cut it in two, and handed back to me, again without a word. Hell, I'm still in therapy.

Morrow,

Thank you....you are the first person to ever point this out to me. Too show you how little I look at my page...I just went there and cannot find the area that will delete my home page from my profile. If you direct me to that location I will be happy to delete my homepage.

In reality if I thought BF would help me I would have a Dealer membership here.

Les, Kiah means that the one point that you have gotten from Karda doesn't affect you anymore. Essentially, it's deleted and a thing of the past. So yes, you had one point, but that one point does not exist anymore. I have no business to be here, but I'm interested in reading this and getting to know other forumers better, and I feel that a few people here are being deliberately rough.

Ok Kia,

So you really don't have an answer to my question. So I guess I get to pick from:

1 You can't do Math

2 You don't understand that you can't say someone gave you no points...then next say they only gave you 1 point.

Wow and you think Im the one that can't comprehend.

Les, you have to be acting purposely dense here. The point that Karda gave you exists no more. It is gone. Poof. If you'll check the "Infractions" page on your profile, it will say "Expired" next to it. That means that the point total at the top does not include it. You probably have a calculator on your computer if you'd like to check. If not, you have five digits on each hand. If that doesn't help you understand, then I'm not sure what else to say.

Kevin, apologies for even bothering to reply and continue this nonsense. I still want that raise though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back