Win a Knife!! - Do-It-Yourself Bushcraft w/ Sheath

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel Koster

www.kosterknives.com
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Here's your chance to "Have it Your Way".

:D

This is what you win:

BushcraftDIY0319-01.jpg

Bushcraft knife in CPM154 (no "K" logo) - be careful - it comes SHARP!!
1/8" thick, 1" tall, 4" long blade
Handle = YOU DECIDE :D
Pins = 2 corby pins, 1 lanyard - aluminum

YES - the JRE Industries leather sheath is included!

I will be picking a winner from all those subscribed to my Mailing List

If you are on the list - you don't need to do anything at all. Feel free to post and gloat if you like! :D

If you are NOT on the list...why not? :p

Here's the link = = = = => http://aardvarkmailinglist.net/fml/s/sama/?action=add&c=34043SNH&l=20500

All you need to submit is your name and email address. No spam is ever sent to anyone on this list. It is just for notifications of new knife production runs, updates, pictures, and contests like this one. ;)

Contest ends on Monday at NOON CDT - winner will be chosen using www.random.org

Post here to let me know you have signed up - and be sure to let me know WHAT HANDLE YOU'D PUT ON IT.

Thanks for your interest in handmade knives!!

Dan

fineprint - free shipping to USA, International shipping extra

Last edited:
I am a big fan of cocobolo or ironwood, so those would be my top choices for the handle

I signed up. I think I would put some Lignum Vitae that I have on that sucker.

Just signed up, never thought to do it before as I usually just sweep through the forum once or twice a day looking for new posts.

Cheers Dan looks a pretty prize for whoever wins.

Dan,
What a great give away!
You're right, I should have signed up long ago.
I'd like to use some wood from one of the trees on our property here in Vermont...Some nicely grained oak or maybe some heartwood from one of the 200 year old apple trees just down the hill from the house.
Thanks for the chance.

CP

a fantastic prize! personally, i want to try my hand at making my own micarta.

I've signed up Dan. Thanks for the offer.

I've heard that Ironwood can be hard to work with and that the dust can be bad for you. I have a respirator but the "hard to work with" part worries me. I'd hate to wreck a nice set of ironwood slabs.

As much as I'd like ironwood I'd probably opt for a rosewood on the deeper/redder side.

Thanks for the opportunity.

Chris

Hmmm...I'm thinking some koa or ironwood maybe. Thanks for the chance!

Just signed up. I did order and receive my natural micarta buchcraft already..so I would probably dress her up with a burled wood.

If I manage to be the lucky one. It will be wearing some of FOD burlap micarta or some Stabilized burl maple from Burl Source. with complimenting liners.

Thanks Dan.

I think it would be iron wood for me. Cool contest thanks Dan, oh and yes I received the email :D.

Is there anything as nice as Ironwood?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back