win another crumby kukri: FREE!

I would say c is the sharpest and as many angels as would care to can dance on the head of a pin

John, if I win, can I pleeeeeze have one of those chrome-plated India knives with the gen-u-wine lion's head on the butt?

--Mike L.

And a bit o' rust on the blade? :)

I would like one of those easy to sharpened untempered butter steel blades with the stay-safe blunted edge. :) ;) :p ;) :)

JP,
You can stop waiting ,you knew I would have to get in on this! Cis the sharpest,carbon steel,"UNLESS ",THAT NDN sharpens that K, then IT will be the sharpest!! ANS. for the Angels is 1)they don't dance@) An infinate # can be put on the point or the head of a needle!NDN, you have to believe in ANGELS, I've been told numerous times "Jim, you're an Angel"!:p By the way people,this is "RIGGED" so "I" can't win!!It's one of those dinkypoo trinkets(I hate minies )!:barf:
Sad to see "the master manipulator" at work, JP posts pics & everyone goes "NUTS"!Me ,I just get a "little" uncomfortable when he shows "THAT WALL" or the old stuff!! He is soooo "SMUG"!D
jim

Well, khukuri is probably the sharpest. They always are...
As to how many angels can dance on a pin, I just couldn't verify. Right now there's two dozen pin-heads sticking out of my room's floor, my feet are sore and there was no dancing done yet... But I'll keep trying...:D

John has carefully rigged this riddle so that nobody can win or he can "perhaps" give a knife away to whomever he wants and nobody can argue or cry foul.

You see, John served many years in the Navy as an officer. I was an enlisted man (Thank God!) so I know all the dirty tricks that officers can -- and DO -- play.

You have to watch out for guys like this. Remember, I GAVE him the 200 year old $8000 magical pin but when I asked him for an old rusty piece of junk he'd found in a flea market for five dollars he refused. And, he wonders why the dust bunnies are revolting!!!!

After doing a lot of searching I have come to the conclusion that no one knows how many angles can dance on the head of a pin or point of a needle. It's a trick question that has been argued for centuries.
And I still think C has the sharpest edge.
Boy John you're makeing us work for this one.;)

You're getting him figured out, Keith. Ask my old shipmate Willis about Navy officers and see what he says.

Work? This isn't work, it's philosophizing.

You get as many shots at the "free kukri" contests as you deem neccesary and yes, it is completely rigged. The lucky recipient of an embarrassingly poor kukri will be picked by a highy scientific and completely random method. There are just too many answers here that are right.

Bill, you're right: dust bunnies are revolting.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

John, a few more dirty officer tricks and the dust bunnies are going to be heading for SF in force. You think Bin Laden is bad? You ain't seen nothin' until you've seen a pissed off dust bunny.

Well John after your last statement, I still say the Angel question has no answer and as far which knife is the sharpest you didn't say wheather it was the sharpest edge or the sharpest looking,sooo I'll have to say beauty or sharpness is in the eye of the beholder.:)

aaarrrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...Since according to the Holy Bible, Adam was created 'full grown' did Adam have a belly button?

I think one of the funniest answers to this question I've ever heard was, "Not until after Eve was created. Adam got his belly button from where God stuck his finger into Adam to get his (Adam's) rib to create Eve with." :p :rolleyes: :eek: :rolleyes: :p

Personally I think the question doesn't matter......

"NDN, you have to believe in ANGELS, I've been told numerous times "Jim, you're an Angel"!"

Tsimi I've been told that I was an angel too, but the other things people have called me are more correct.:p :rolleyes: :D

Officer's trick, indeed. They're both unanswerable questions; or rather, questions with many possible answers, depending on the context. how big is an angel? How big is the head of the pin? What kind of dancing? It's unknowable, or unguessable. So is the question about the knives. Given that two of the three (the French knife and the khukuri) are good carbon steel, I would guess that with effort, these three knives can be made equally sharp; but they have different purposes, and aren't really comparable. The Italian stiletto is for stabbing; the French carbon knife is a bit better for slashing or slicing than for stabbing, though it can do both, and the Khukuri, with its heavier, angled blade, is perfect for chopping, or as the Ghorkas found in the trenches, slashing upward from groin to rib cage or down from neck to opposite shoulder. It's a bit less good for jabbing. If this was a question of preference - such as, which of these three blades would you prefer? -, I'd take the khukuri, because an expert with it can use different parts of the blade for different purposes. It's a good all-purpose knife that is excellent in combat; the others are fighting knives with very specific purposes and more severe limitations. The khuk excells at more applications, but it isn't necessarily sharper.
how'd I do?

Frostdog

Welcome to the Cantina, Frosty, and might as well face it. With the sneaky officer types you can't win.

Frostdog,

Welcome to the Forums.

IIRC John finally broke with the navy a few years back shortly after he suggested melting the ship down and converting it into a mountain of khukuries. :)

Just kidding... I think.... uhmmmnn, has anyone seen John's ship lately?! :eek: :confused: :eek:

n2s

Back