Winner...And Still Heavyweight Champion...The Venerable Buck 110

Vvr0g1b.jpg

Might just as well post this group picture here.

IMG_BUCK.gif

110(1).jpg
Iron wood on the right? Nice collection. What year is the knife at the top? I saw a very skinny "buck" on the bay recently, but didn't know what it was. The handle was a little more skinny than the knife in this picture.

Might just as well post this group picture here.

IMG_BUCK.gif

110(1).jpg
2nd from top ... 5th series 7th(?) version circa 1974/1975?
🥰 the small pin 2 dots. Wish mine looked 1/10,000 as nice as yours.
(I refuse to post a picture of mine. I don't want to make anyone 🤮. A former owner "engraved" something in Spanish(?) on the bolsters with a Dremel ... probably used it as a screwdriver at least once or twice too often, as the blade is lacking at least 1/4 inch at the tip .. "he" did at least have enough sense to regrind/reshape the tip from the spine ... mostly ... the point of the tip isn't too proud ... he also managed to somehow lose about 1/4 to 1/3 of the mark side cover.
I'd send it to Buck for a SPA, and a blade replacement, but they probably don't have any square bolster/liners laying around to replace the destroyed ones. I am sure it is beyond repair. I'd try brazing the "engraving" to "fix" the bolsters, but I haven't had a torch (or the Oxy-Acetylene tanks) since I got out of welding back in 1976 or 1977.
I have a few other 110's to carry and use, so no rush to send it to Buck and have them cuss me out. :)

Iron wood on the right?

Actually it is Walnut as I was told. It's nice on both sides.

What year is the knife at the top?

It's a no-dot with inverse stamp. a V3V4 made from 1968 to 1970. Click link for picture

Nice collection.

Thank you Sir.

2nd from top ... 5th series 7th(?) version circa 1974/1975?

It's V5 V4 version from 1974. It looks a lot better in real.
Sorry to hear yours is so messed up.

Thanx for the response guys, much appreciated.

Back