Winner...And Still Heavyweight Champion...The Venerable Buck 110

I bought this around 1981

6KhoLwu.jpg

Good morning fellas, before I retired I worked for a major Energy company. During your work day you used your knife quite a bit. The company was looking for a way to make our job easier. They gave everybody a brand new Buck 110. And if and when it broke, you had to give them back the old one and they would give you a new one. If it needed sharpening there was a employee's whose job was nothing but sharpening knives all day. It was a great company to work for and they issued a great knife for the men.

I feel like I'm going to the dark side after I ordered one of the new 110's in Magnacut steel..I found a 286 of Kathy's and have been using it for about 2 weeks so I decided to get a new one off the web specials list. Then the new 'Stealth' run was announced. I felt I needed to really give the 110 a shot and see how much I liked it. Plus get free shipping for the 286 of course! I have been such a fanboy for the 112 for SO many years now and as a user it really is a great knife. But ten's of millions of 110 users can't be all wrong. I just wish it had been a drop point.

I feel like I'm going to the dark side after I ordered one of the new 110's in Magnacut steel..I found a 286 of Kathy's and have been using it for about 2 weeks so I decided to get a new one off the web specials list. Then the new 'Stealth' run was announced. I felt I needed to really give the 110 a shot and see how much I liked it. Plus get free shipping for the 286 of course! I have been such a fanboy for the 112 for SO many years now and as a user it really is a great knife. But ten's of millions of 110 users can't be all wrong. I just wish it had been a drop point.

Probably you know, but there are some drop points out there ....

i-MWtFcnp-X3.jpg

I was hoping the Magnacut 110 would be a drop point..The hardest to find 112 is a drop point in any super steel. It's like Buck only lets one out for a SFO once every year or two lolol!

I was hoping the Magnacut 110 would be a drop point..The hardest to find 112 is a drop point in any super steel. It's like Buck only lets one out for a SFO once every year or two lolol!
Didn't/Doesn't C&C (I think they're still a supporting dealer) have the 112 with drop point, S30v, and 5160 blade options?

Back