Works in Progress

#1 What does an 01 Bushcraft bare blade cost

#2 is the grind angle the same or steeper than on the 3v?

1 = $60 + $10 s/h

2 = same exact angle. The steel is 1/8" thick...instead of oversize 1/8"...so it will look shorter...but it is the same angle.

#3- What 'generation' are the handles? Are these the same as the first bushcraft run?

These are the last version before the next production run....just had them waterjet cut last week. Here's the CAD drawing I sent:

bushcraft0804-1.gif

Dan

I would also like one in natural canvas. Any chance I could get brass corbys and tubes with the nat. canvas.
John

Last edited:
1 = $60 + $10 s/h

2 = same exact angle. The steel is 1/8" thick...instead of oversize 1/8"...so it will look shorter...but it is the same angle.

These are the last version before the next production run....just had them waterjet cut last week. Here's the CAD drawing I sent:

bushcraft0804-1.gif

Dan

For comparison sake...
PLEASE NOTE : Drawing scale is not the same for above & below..

~~~~~~~~~~~
Here's a drawing showing the first production run on top, then the template I am now using for all bushcrafts "in the works" and then on bottom the new design - which I have further modified.
bushcraft0820a.gif

teacher

#1 is the First Production Run - hopefully easy to identify visually
#2 is the current batch (with the exception being that the guard is now a little longer)
#3 is a design - not in production yet
:thumbup:

The reason I call them v3 is not that it is the 3rd in that pic...but that they are a result of the 3rd run I have made. I did one run of #1 above, one run of #2 above, and one run of #2 above again but with slight modifications.

To date, #3 does not exist...it is still in the concept phase.

Dan

Ahhhhhhhhh........... :thumbup: A picture is worth a thousand words ..:thumbup:

We are looking at #2, the middle one in the bottom photo.

CORRECT ? :thumbup:

;)

Dan,

Do you know if the bushcraft with oversized 3/8" scales will still fit in the standard JRE Bushcraft sheath? I have one from your first run.

If I buy the 01 bare blade I will most likely put thicker scales on it. I wanted to know if I can still order the sheath from JRE stock.

Thanks for any input.

Paul

Dan,

Do you know if the bushcraft with oversized 3/8" scales will still fit in the standard JRE Bushcraft sheath? I have one from your first run.

If I buy the 01 bare blade I will most likely put thicker scales on it. I wanted to know if I can still order the sheath from JRE stock.

Thanks for any input.

Paul

The thicker handles are a little tight at first but after a little bit they fit perfectly.

Dan,

Thanks for any input.

Paul

It will. I have one I shaped the handle myself and left it real thick and it fits:thumbup:

Dan,

I have $200 down on an elite Bushmaster. But I really like the design of these.

You said $60 plus $10 postage??

Would it be possible just to transfer that deposit and get 3 of these blade blanks and use the extra $20 for postage??

If the answer is YES and you are putting the plunge line on these down to the guard I want to use my deposit to get 3 of these instead. The size is more suited to me.:thumbup:

Dan,

Would it be possible just to transfer that deposit and get 3 of these blade blanks and use the extra $20 for postage??

If the answer is YES and you are putting the plunge line on these down to the guard I want to use my deposit to get 3 of these instead. The size is more suited to me.:thumbup:

Kicking it back up in hopes Dan sees my question.

Yeah...still not feeling up to par....but in the shop nonetheless. :thumbup:

I would also like one in natural canvas. Any chance I could get brass corbys and tubes with the nat. canvas.
John

Yes - I'll put you down for one with brass corby bolts. :thumbup:

Dan,

Yes, I can do a switcheroo.

Dan

OK then lets do it!:thumbup:

I really want to do one of these up in Arctic Birch!

Last edited:
thanks, guys!

Check out the glue-up progress pic!!!

WIP0101-01.jpg

and here are the bushcrafts with shaping started:

WIP0102-01.jpg

WIP0102-01.jpg

Dan

Back