Works in Progress

The bushcrafts are O1, 1/8" thick!
and are going to be priced out at $100 in 3/8" thick natural or black canvas micarta, or $110 in cocobolo. ;)
Dan

Dan,

You have me down for one of these w/ natural canvas Micarta handle, correct?
:) Thanks, -Dennis H

Here's what I've got so far:

Natural Canvas Micarta = $100
  1. Wade S
  2. Jim Har.
  3. Justin G
  4. Hays W
  5. John H - brass corby bolts ($105)
  6. Dennis H
Green Canvas Micarta = $105
  1. Emanuelle P = PIF
  2. Sam F
  3. Brian H
  4. MagicDot
  5. Abaniko

Ironwood
  1. Karl S = $140
  2. Sam C - red liners, brass corby bolts = $155
  3. Jim H - red liners = $150
Cocobolo = $110
  1. Jim Har.
  2. Jack F
  3. Emanuelle P = PIF
  4. Emanuelle P = PIF
  5. Brian H

Blank = $60
  1. Ankar S
  2. Jim K = PIF
  3. Jim K = PIF
  4. Jim K = PIF

I got a few emails from folks who made requests, but I didn't see them until after glue-up. Just shoot me an email to pick which of the above you want.

For those on the list above - go ahead and make arrangements for full payment - these will be done tomorrow or Wed.

:thumbup:

Thanks!

Dan

Last edited:
Just say the word - I'll take you at your word and add you to the list.

Thanks!

Dan

..I'll take a green handle flavor please. ;) I've been eyeing up a bushcraft knife for awhile and these look fantastic. Thanks!

Thanks for understanding.

Technically it is always an option...but I don't offer it freely/willingly...:foot:

Brass is slightly more expensive and harder to work with because it overheats easily and can discolor the handle material...and burn the crap outta my fingers too. Also, it "domes" easily...tarnishes...and so on. So it is one of those "only on request" things.

Dan

I just wanted to say that I'm really excited about this purchase. I'm a tool junkie who uses his tools to make a living and appreciate good workmanship in the tools because, well, we know they just work better, but I've never actually interacted w/ a person making the tool. This is such a cool way to purchase a tool and "know" that someone who *made* it. I feel kinda fuzzy warmth over a cold piece of steel, but. ;) It really is kinda cool.

Dan, you have Paypal. I meant to ask you earlier, but do you have the dangler JRE sheaths for your blades or should I order it from them instead?

Dan, sent paypal this morning for the natural canvas with brass corby's. Thanks for a great knife @ a great price.:thumbup:

John

Thanks for understanding.

Technically it is always an option...but I don't offer it freely/willingly...:foot:

Brass is slightly more expensive and harder to work with because it overheats easily and can discolor the handle material...and burn the crap outta my fingers too. Also, it "domes" easily...tarnishes...and so on. So it is one of those "only on request" things.

Dan

So is the aluminum better at not discoloring? The one I shaped you sent me with the aluminum rivets seemed the easiest to shape because a lot of times with the brass or nickle silver the sanding belt will go around the rivet and leave it too high. Also sometimes I notice in final finishing it is a total pain to get the little dark filings of brass out of the wood pores.

Back