Worst YT reviewer/knife channel ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gods that's horrid. I couldn't even make it to 1:30.

And this makes me wonder about those folks who say one shouldn't be critical of youtube reviewers.

exactly.

it would be one thing if it was even remotely funny but you can tell he's dead serious.

garbage...

I won't quickly criticise others who make review videos. It is a nice hobby.

The one kind of review style that I really can't stomach is that with an overly (and usually naive) obsession with tactical use.

When I look critically at my own humble output, it is unfortunate that I don't have enough time to take the production quality to the next level, like Stefan does. I do get some negative comments (usually about my non-English accent), and they come with the territory.

I wish you would come back and start doing reviews again :) The vids from Stefan are mindblowing to the level it gets discouraging to make your own lol. Negative comments come with the territory indeed. That doesn't take away the fact that I really despise the one who start a useless thread on a knife community-forum inviting strictly negative comments about people from that same knife community.

I wish you would come back and start doing reviews again :) The vids from Stefan are mindblowing to the level it gets discouraging to make your own lol. Negative comments come with the territory indeed. That doesn't take away the fact that I really despise the one who start a useless thread on a knife community-forum inviting strictly negative comments about people from that same knife community.

get over it.

i'm not sure why you're hanging out in here if you have such a problem with the thread.

stay on topic or don't post.

get over it.

i'm not sure why you're hanging out in here if you have such a problem with the thread.

stay on topic or don't post.

LOL says the one who can't even agree with 10% of the bucketloads of criticism he got and fills half of his thread with his own posts defending it, (posts defending this thread aren't off-topic?) the one who talks derogatory to Cutlerylover and others who contribute a lot to the knife community regardless if you like their style or not. Get over it yourself that this thread is not wanted by most and you're despised and disrespected because of it. I post what a want until a Mod asks me to stop and then I will take that in consideration (but so far I didn't get any notification). It doesn't matter that you're not sure why I hang around having such a problem with the thread, just like other critics do.

Last edited:
LOL says the one who can't even agree with 10% of the bucketloads of criticism he got and fills half of his thread with his own posts defending it, (posts defending this thread aren't off-topic?) the one who talks derogatory to Cutlerylover and others who contribute a lot to the knife community regardless if you like their style or not. Get over it yourself that this thread is not wanted by most and you're despised and disrespected because of it. I post what a want until a Mod asks me to stop and then I will take that in consideration (but so far I didn't get any notification). It doesn't matter that you're not sure why I hang around having such a problem with the thread, just like other critics do.

were you by any chance crying when you posted this?

If you (anyone) is going to start slinging insults, I'll just start giving out infractions.

[video=youtube;_opSMj100nc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_opSMj100nc[/video]

LOL did I just hear leprechaun c***, v******* tearing, and his mrs panties used to introduce a knife?! :foot:
Thread validated.

this makes me wonder about those folks who say one shouldn't be critical of youtube reviewers.

NeptuneKnives is probably the worst. Between hating everything, being ill informed and arrogant, to stuff like this..

[video=youtube;SVXaBPnNWO0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVXaBPnNWO0[/video]

It's funny, when Nutnfancy came out with his vid bashing the sebenza. The CRK fanboys rocked him not just on the video, but on him being a terrible reviewer. That thread did not get any negative feedback. Same thing gets done here and everyone gets their panties in a bunch. Talk about selective criticism.

It's funny, when Nutnfancy came out with his vid bashing the sebenza. The CRK fanboys rocked him not just on the video, but on him being a terrible reviewer. That thread did not get any negative feedback. Same thing gets done here and everyone gets their panties in a bunch. Talk about selective criticism.

i agree.

this thread blew up because people didn't agree with the channels mentioned.

typical..

Dave (Neptuneknives) gets a lot of hate for what he does to his knives. He's a great guy and his vids are very informative. I like his personality and his ability to go against the grain. He speaks his mind and is willing to do what many others (especially a lot of forum members) would never have the courage to do. Everyone can insult and flame him all they want but I don't see any of the regular forum members here getting their own custom model being made by a favorite knifemaker like he is.

This post has run its course. I don't think we need any more people criticizing others for what they don't do themselves. We fail to realize that even though YouTube is not bladeforums it's still apart of the knife community. I think we should all take a second and reevaluate our contribution before openly criticizing others. We all have opinions and we are all free to share them but at least lets make our opinions something to help grow and unite our small niche in the world not divide us.

To all those who deem it necessary to keep insulting and criticizing Youtubers who are also members here, please link me some posts of reviews they have posted. I'd be interested in seeing what they "think" is the proper way to review knives.

I don't think nutnfancy is a member here on BF. Some of the people being talked about in this thread are. I don't have a problem with difference of opinion, I have a problem with insulting and criticizing other members. It's been said before but a lot of people who post vids on YouTube are friends. I don't think there is a single person here who wouldn't stick up for a friend. If I happened to know nutnfancy personally I would have posted something in defense of what he does.

NeptuneKnives is probably the worst. Between hating everything, being ill informed and arrogant, to stuff like this..

[video=youtube;SVXaBPnNWO0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVXaBPnNWO0[/video]

stuff like this deserves to be called out.

anyone that thinks they're learning from neptune has some serious issues themselves.

I don't think nutnfancy is a member here on BF. Some of the people being talked about in this thread are. I don't have a problem with difference of opinion, I have a problem with insulting and criticizing other members. It's been said before but a lot of people who post vids on YouTube are friends. I don't think there is a single person here who wouldn't stick up for a friend. If I happened to know nutnfancy personally I would have posted something in defense of what he does.

Yeah he is
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/member.php/127647-Nutnfancy

Jeff from R.A.T once wrote this (and it's quite appropriate for this thread).

"those that don't like his reviews have the right to not like them and speak out against them as much as he has a right to do the review. So, if he gets upset with someone publicly speaking out against his reviews it's no different than someone getting upset and speaking out publicly for the way he did his review."

that's pure gold.

To all those who deem it necessary to keep insulting and criticizing Youtubers who are also members here, please link me some posts of reviews they have posted. I'd be interested in seeing what they "think" is the proper way to review knives.

I don't see the logic in this argument. It's not like people came to your friends house and told him his knife reviews were poor. He posted for the world to see. By putting it out there, one must reasonably expect people to have varying opinions of one's work. It doesn't matter if anyone else does great reviews or crappy reviews because that fact doesn't change the quality of another video. If you go to a restaurant and the food is no good, is it a requirement that you run a better restaurant before you can post something about the bad meal?

I could post a video of me reviewing knives by just dropping them on the floor and measuring the damage done. Would that then give me the right to say Neptuneknives' videos suck? Would my lack of ability to create a good review somehow elevate the quality of Neptuneknive's work? No. My video would suck as would a video of someone trying to rate pocked knives by attempting to saw through metal. Now, it is possible that someone is desperately seeking to know how some knife functions on cutting handcuffs or metal bars. If that's what one is looking for, then I'm guessing they were thrilled.

If it is legitimate to say that "X" is a good knife review and adds an informed point of view to the collective understanding, then it must be equally valid to say that "Y" is a bad knife review and adds little. I don't think either is a statement of worth of the reviewer. They are simply comments about the review.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back