Would you buy my imaginary knife if ScrapYard made it?

I own a ScrapYard Sykco 711 and I love it to death, but through my use if it(heavy continuous use) I have started to want a few things modified on it.

1. That choil is uncomfortable. I want it rounded, and a little thinker in that area so my fingers have a comfy place to squeeze.
2. Completely FullFlatGrind- I only free hand sharpen my big blades, and the flat piece at the top just annoys me.
3. Uncoated, no paint, nice and shiny. Could be made with infiniti, or SR101.

4. In my perfect world this would have a Coyote Tan, or Brown, Or Green, or Grey, any color that blends into the wilderness, just no black.

Any takers. I'm talking a whole new line up. A 3 inch, 4 inch, 5 inch, 6, 7, 9 etc........... All the sizes they have now, but with my mods.

Last edited:
Ok, what?

I do not get it. The choil sure it is square. What do you mean by full flat grind and free hand sharpening? Your knives have secondary bevels right?

And it is made of SR101 but I would totally go for it if it went to Infiniti! Sweet.

Sounds like the busse basic series to me.

Well I'll be darned, thanks. That is pretty close. Get rid of that thing in the middle with the hole and bring that choil closer to the handle and that is darn close.

Pretty much what i was thinking!

SO if your wanting the Busse basic series, Busse Infi steel, just with scrapyard logo, and scrapyard price.... IM SO IN lmao

Me too, and yeah, price point considered. I would never buy it if it was more than say $180ish

You could get someone to sell you a beater Camp Tramp and give it a satin finish yourself. Or wait around for the B8LE.

I had to read that multiple times before i understood it but then i was cracking up!

I own a ScrapYard Sykco 711 and I love it to death, but through my use if it(heavy continuous use) I have started to want a few things modified on it.

1. That choil is uncomfortable. I want it rounded, and a little thinker in that area so my fingers have a comfy place to squeeze.
2. Completely FullFlatGrind- I only free hand sharpen my big blades, and the flat piece at the top just annoys me.
3. Uncoated, no paint, nice and shiny. Could be made with infiniti, or SR101.

4. In my perfect world this would have a Coyote Tan, or Brown, Or Green, or Grey, any color that blends into the wilderness, just no black.

Any takers. I'm talking a whole new line up. A 3 inch, 4 inch, 5 inch, 6, 7, 9 etc........... All the sizes they have now, but with my mods.

Well, it's a 9 inch blade, but other than that you are describing a satin Battle Rat!

Well, it's a 9 inch blade, but other than that you are describing a satin Battle Rat!

It has a few differences. No body has really talked about the fact that a lot of these knives are similar. I'm certain that if you put out a 7 inch variant, people would buy it. But it really needs to be put out again, otherwise I would not be able to get it, lol.

I say they should do a new series and call it the Ratmandu Home Run Line up. Basicly like they did with the M series but use the RMD as the platform.

Thats a good idea!! It be even better if the new line came as drop points :)

I would like a drop point too. The only caveat I would add is that I want the tapering to the blade to be slightly longer so it stabs better. I hate that my Ontario Rat has such a broad tip, it doesn't stab or stick well at all.

M9LE also fits description in the nine-inchers, except the black handle. Round choil, FFG, uncoated.

Did they ever produce an M7? I saw an M6 on the exchange the other day.

Back