WSK on steroids !

Anyone else come across this latest beast of a WSK from TOPS ? I've always been a sucker for the WSK design and this stretched out beast immediately caught my eye......if only my wallet could be stretched out so I could afford one, LOL !:(

Cool looking, the WSK is my favorite blade , not sure why they moved the sawteeth that far back though. Will have to check it out at Blade.

Years ago, I had a Red Scorpion Six. I sold it off. Always regretted it.

This may ease my pain. Down the road.

Looks pretty sharp(no pun intended)

Last edited:
Cool looking, the WSK is my favorite blade , not sure why they moved the sawteeth that far back though. Will have to check it out at Blade.

One of my main issues with these blades, has always been the saw teeth. Rough on batons, but even rougher on your hands when you try to use it as a draw knife. Which it just begs for.

This knife may have solved that problem.

That's where I've always said they should be, lot more stable with them being closer to the handle and as LostViking mentions it also makes more sense for using with a baton.

I am just used to using the standard layout for the WSK. It is cool looking, especially being that large but I just do not like the idea of batoning the draw knife portion through wood vs the hatchet. I understand you're point of the saw blade getting rough on your hands after a while, we would wrap something over it. I am stoked to see it though! Did not even know it existed.

Specs from their site,

O/A Length: 16 3/4"
Blade Length: 10 3/8"
Cutting Edge: 9 3/4”
Thickness: 1/4"
Blade Color: Black Traction
Steel: 1095 High Carbon
Handle: Black Linen Micarta
Weight: 26oz
Sheath:*Black Ballistic Nylon
Designed by: EJ Snyder

OVER 1 1/2 POUNDS? Well at least it is 1095 HC. A man can survive with a carbon steel club!

I've had a red scorpion six predator ,and a tom brown tracker . Beat the snot out of the tracker then sold it . Sold the red scorpion six . It is a fun design

I think it misses the mark. It adds chopping at the expense of compactness. There are also many things the WSK does well while holding the blade. Longer blades don't work too well in my experience at this. I've tried using khukuri this way and it just tires you out, and that was with khukuri weighing 1/4 lb less than this. I think tweeking the TB1 would've been time better spent. I'll add, the TB1 has a really nicely designed handle. It's useful for the 3 grips for which it was designed. This handle looks like an after thought. It reminds me of the "tactical" tomahawks. Just MHO. It'll be interesting to see what folks think as I could be totally wrong.

OVER 1 1/2 POUNDS? Well at least it is 1095 HC. A man can survive with a carbon steel club!

Received and understood,
Very Subtle.

It is a hefty beast. The Rambo in me wants to like it. How many beers would that displace?
8 lbs/gallon divided by 128oz = .065Lbs/oz X 12 = .75/can X 2 = 1.5 Lbs.
My calculations say hello beer, good by Rambo.
Margin of error + or - 3%

You do know a pound of Carbon steel is way heavier than a pound of Stainless.

Besides, I'd have the basement destroyed in a week with that thing.

Last edited:
I think it misses the mark. It adds chopping at the expense of compactness. There are also many things the WSK does well while holding the blade. Longer blades don't work too well in my experience at this. I've tried using khukuri this way and it just tires you out, and that was with khukuri weighing 1/4 lb less than this. I think tweeking the TB1 would've been time better spent. I'll add, the TB1 has a really nicely designed handle. It's useful for the 3 grips for which it was designed. This handle looks like an after thought. It reminds me of the "tactical" tomahawks. Just MHO. It'll be interesting to see what folks think as I could be totally wrong.
Yeah I think if they had kept the original handle and made the knife outta 3/16" stock it would perform much better.

Back