XL vaquero serrated or Counter Point XL

For a legit SD blade I’d suggest a Desperado (if you can find one) or maybe even a spike with an addition of an uti-clip for IWB.

Spartan is a solid choice too if you insist on a folder and it’s already got the wave feature.

A few additional factors that I've always liked about the Vaq, is that it's fairly light weight and flat. I've carried it on a dark city night more than once.

not all serrations are equal, i recently tried cutting some bubble wrap with a serrated edge vaquero and it just hung up on the material and wouldnt cut through it cleanly. my spyderco police however went right through it with ease. after seeing that it made me rethink carrying a serrated cold steel for self defense.

not all serrations are equal, i recently tried cutting some bubble wrap with a serrated edge vaquero and it just hung up on the material and wouldnt cut through it cleanly. my spyderco police however went right through it with ease. after seeing that it made me rethink carrying a serrated cold steel for self defense.
A Cold Steel anything with Spyderco serrations would be perfect. Mathew Culbertson (Youtube) has also done some very nice looking serrations on plain edge Cold Steel knives that look really nice. I have a mate who was forced to use a serrated CS knife for self defense and it got stuck in the opposition's clothing - and he is big,strong and no stranger to violence - and now only carries plain edge CS knives.

Funny I was gonna make the decision this week. ^ thats what I was thinking, Since I don't have a lot of love for the xl voyager handle as is, Im leaning towards the CP xl. I just Hope if I get the cp I don't have buyers remorse. I've seen some weird lock issues on utube with the older cp's.

Funny I was gonna make the decision this week. ^ thats what I was thinking, Since I don't have a lot of love for the xl voyager handle as is, Im leaning towards the CP xl. I just Hope if I get the cp I don't have buyers remorse. I've seen some weird lock issues on utube with the older cp's.
Stabbing vs slashing, symmetrical vs curved handles. If you are leaning towards the Counter Point, the Voyager cannot scratch that itch. The CP is a good knife, I don't think you will be disappointed.

I've got a Vaquero Grande XL. It's over 20 years old. I'm looking for a replacement pocket clip. Cold Steel has replaced mine twice. Can anyone help me find another clip?

Back