Your best tools on sak or multitool(besides blade) & Why

the saw is great to strike a ferro rod. i place the saw in my tinder bundle and strike the ferro rod over the spine.

i wish they would make a "saw only" sak

I wish the 110 mm and 130 mm had locks for the saws. I'd almost rather have a locking saw than a locking blade.

I use the scissors more than any other tool.
They are so precise and effective (especially for nose hair, mustache, and beard).

The 2nd most used tool is the tweezers.

And the 3rd most used is the can opener.
But like others have said, it's not used to actually open cans so much as it's used as a metal fingernail to pry and manipulate.
It's perfect for removing the take down pin on a Ruger LCP.

Before the days when most canned goods had pull tabs, I used SAK can openers exclusively for years! When you get some practice, you can open a can quickly with one.

the saw is great to strike a ferro rod. i place the saw in my tinder bundle and strike the ferro rod over the spine.

i wish they would make a "saw only" sak

GAGL GAGL , I actually bought one recently that you may be interested in. By a seller on the big auction site called Bugnard. They're kinda like Swiss Bianco I believe. Semi custom saks. They just call it a Woodsman. Basically it is the Pioneer Range that you posted but without the bail. A little more costly than just a standard sak, but not bad either. Take a look, maybe it'll work for you. I hope this helps.

What I'd really like to find, though I've never even seen one in the wild, is a Swiss Bianco Pioneer Bushcrafter. Really I wouldn't care who made it too much. They're just the only ones that I know of who makes this model.
Knife, saw and awl. That's my three best tools. That'd be awesome.
I want one to actually carry and use, not stare at and collect. But as a collector item with a ridiculous premium price tag is all I can find... Anyway, I'll quit whining now.

GAGL GAGL , I actually bought one recently that you may be interested in. By a seller on the big auction site called Bugnard. They're kinda like Swiss Bianco I believe. Semi custom saks. They just call it a Woodsman. Basically it is the Pioneer Range that you posted but without the bail. A little more costly than just a standard sak, but not bad either. Take a look, maybe it'll work for you. I hope this helps.
thanks for the heads up...i found the site today while researching.i'm very tempted.

have a nice day

The large flat blade and scissors for a Vic pocket knife.
Pliers and awl for a multitool, it's not a pocket knife so I will very rarely use the blade.

A good sharp awl on a scout pattern pocket knife or multitool is one of the most useful versatile implements there is

Back