Your new Sebbie!!! The 25th!!! **more pics**

It's not jimping! I called it jimping in front of Chris and he promptly corrected me, haha. I got a kick out of it. :)

Anyway, the machines traction grooves are VERY aggressive. One chance that is an improvement in my eyes.

Ahh, couldn't just settle for the term that's the community norm for it...:rolleyes::D

Anyways it's probably one of those things you have to try to really make your mind up about. I was just talking in terms of look.

-sh00ter

:( crk is going downhill. first and last sebbie i purchased. unfortunately i bought my sebenza in 2011. best sebenza is the one with the solid washers and the smooth female screws and s30v blade.... too bad :(

I just ordered/put my name in for a regular/plain jane model 25 (or whatever the new design will be) since I can't swing the $2K for #4 of the original 25.

Last edited:
I just ordered a regular/plain jane 25th anniversay model since I can't swing the $2K for #4 of the original 25.

How did you order one?

I talked to Angela and she told me they don't have a price or waiting list yet.

Chris and crew arent even back yet.

How did you order one?

I talked to Angela and she told me they don't have a price or waiting list yet.

Chris and crew arent even back yet.

I spoke to a dealer that has a good/close (I believe) working relationship with Chris and he put me on a list.

I liked the new Sebenza, it's is quite 21ish but does feel rather different in hand. The grind on it is also pretty cool, a super shallow hollow grind. It looks like it's flat ground to the eye untill you look closer.

I liked the new Sebenza, it's is quite 21ish but does feel rather different in hand. The grind on it is also pretty cool, a super shallow hollow grind. It looks like it's flat ground to the eye untill you look closer.

Ooh nice, does that mean it is thinner behind the edge than the 21?

I spoke to a dealer that has a good/close (I believe) working relationship with Chris and he put me on a list.

Heather contacted me yesterday to set the record straight that they are taking orders for the plain right hand only Sebenza 25's so Im on the official waiting list.

Now that's customer service!

Heather contacted me yesterday to set the record straight that they are taking orders for the plain right hand only Sebenza 25's so Im on the official waiting list.

Now that's customer service!

I called CRK about something completely unrelated today and they managed "force" me onto the list. Very crafty... or I have no will power.

Not many people are talking about the change in blade thickness. Am I the only one that would have preferred moving to a thinner rather than thicker blade?? I know that the sharpened prybars seem to be selling well right now, but they don't slice worth a dang. Can't fault a manufacturer for building what sells.

Thick blade pivots are the in thing right now too. Ever see any decent knife with a sheared blade pivot? EVER?? Me neither!!! As long as it's smooth I'm a happy camper.

I can see where giving up the blade pivot and lanyard bar simplifies manufacturing...I wonder if those savings will be passed on to customers.

I'll keep using what I've got for now. I still wish for a reintroduction of an Umfaan each June...Maybe next year.

Grizz

My guess is the Co's doing this to keep the price about the same.
I like the return of the REGULAR blade.:D

I placed my order today for a plain jane 25. They told me the price will be about the same as the large 21. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I placed my order today for a plain jane 25. They told me the price will be about the same as the large 21. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW. It's kinda like the "new" iPads! New design, same $!

So how does this work? Do you call up CRK and ask to be put on a waiting list? Do you leave a deposit or anything, or just pay when it is ready to be shipped? Did Heather mention what the wait time is looking like?

So how does this work? Do you call up CRK and ask to be put on a waiting list? Do you leave a deposit or anything, or just pay when it is ready to be shipped? Did Heather mention what the wait time is looking like?

Give CRK a call and tell them you want to be on the new 25 list. They will take your credit card info but will not charge you until its ready to be shipped, which is around the 6 month mark.

Back