Your opinion on Emerson knives?

I just purchased my first Emerson CQC 7V and truthfully it is pretty coarse in finish when compared to other brands. The tanto blade is pretty sweet, locks up solid, not that sticky but I did put a little bit of graphite on the lock face. Even though its a little rough, I think that leads to its appeal as a user. I do admit, I wish it was a hint cheaper but being completely American Made comes with a price tag.

Last edited:
Emersons are all what I carry these days. I've been an Emerson guy for the last 4 years and still find myself pocketing one daily. CQC-15 sits in my center console, usually end up switching between a Specwar and Zealot on the regular. ZT 0620 or Gypsy Jack when I'm not working. They are working knives through and through. You can't go wrong, if you don't like what you get then just put it up for sale.

I feel that Emerson knives are excellent work tools and with the exception of the CQC7 models they have alot of cutting power. The steel has a good heat treat and takes a screaming edge and the designs are very comfortable. I would probably own one or two if they were about 150$ new instead of 250$. Every one that I have handled the QC is very good but not great. When I have purchased I did so on the secondary market and have always been pleased over all. However, the fact the locks wear out too fast for me and the high price is the reason I stay away from them.
I feel the ZT Emerson knives are the best value for the money and you still get a wave and emerson design with better materials and fit and finish for less money.

Back