Zero Tolerance Current/Upcoming/Discontinued Models

ZT straight needs to come out with some limited runs on these old favorites. Maybe run an online poll with voting or something. I don't understand their current marketing or profit strategy.

I get that they have their bread and butter knives they sell all day every day, but they'd literally sell every one of certain ones if they wanted too. To say they're "out of touch" isn't even accurate I don't think. They are intentionally against new efforts and designs that don't suck. How does that happen? Is Kershaw really the face of KAI now? I sure wish we had a forum member who was close to KAI that could talk about the reasons behind their change in direction.
No S#!T
I don’t understand how they have KERSHAW models in Magnacut, but NOTHING from ZT has it yet????
And ZTs motto is “Tough & Overbuilt” “like a tank” etc…
I feel like this new steel ( good wear resistance, and Tougher than most anything) would be a PERFECT fit for ZT.
I just don’t get it, I feel like a teenager dropout could run a business better than ZT has been doing since Covid.
Covid excuses (supplies & employee shortages) are mostly all over, and this is getting pretty old, ZT. The fixed blade was cool, but it’s like you guys are leaving money on the table ON PURPOSE…
There must be something big going on (good or bad) with ZT, and I hope they stay around forever, they pretty much got me into knives.

Edit: for example I used to always look at what was available from ZT on payday at the bigger retailers. There was a new sprint or exclusive just about every few weeks. (remember the 0770M4, the 0566CFM390, 0801S110V, 0360SKD, and the 0801BRZ which is my “one that got away”, never mind the 0392PURBLK or the “BLUBOWIE”) Wish I had many of those now, they aren’t getting any easier to find, or cheaper.
And those were pretty special IMO, because back then not many knives came with those steels, and if they did they were very rare/expensive, not like today.
Well, it’s been a while, and let’s just say my extra money this week is going towards a Microtech 🤷‍♂️
The new M4 0456 was cool tho, just not my style, but I hope they keep doing stuff like that (*hint* different, new steels, paired with our old favorite, or discontinued models). Not holding my breath, but I won’t be rooting against them either!

Last edited:
On the other hand, bladeforums members may only be 5% of their sales, so it’s possible they don’t care what we think lol

All of their energy and innovation is going in to the Kershaw line, not the ZT line. Fact.

I’ve bought some of the more recent Kershaw stuff and have less than impressed with it. It’s not like they are upscaling Kershaw to be the new ZT, the quality is crap on a lot of the newer Kershaw stuff. Just take a few apart and you’ll see what I mean. The hardware is garbage level hardware.

Everything is going assisted, too. So disappointing. Meanwhile my money goes elsewhere (a LOT to WE/CIVIVI) - you did it to yourselves KAI. I don’t get it.

All of their energy and innovation is going in to the Kershaw line, not the ZT line. Fact.

I’ve bought some of the more recent Kershaw stuff and have less than impressed with it. It’s not like they are upscaling Kershaw to be the new ZT, the quality is crap on a lot of the newer Kershaw stuff. Just take a few apart and you’ll see what I mean. The hardware is garbage level hardware.

Everything is going assisted, too. So disappointing. Meanwhile my money goes elsewhere (a LOT to WE/CIVIVI) - you did it to yourselves KAI. I don’t get it.
True, they have put some effort into the new bar lock….but still, they are cheaply made knives with Chinese mystery-D2, even tho many are now “KVT” like your username lol….but yeah, Civivi has been doing this for years, no new innovation there, KAI.
And trust me, I know all about KAI China quality, I have a box of Kershaws before I got into the “Real” stuff
Edit* flame suit on, but Microtech actually makes a good Chinese knife, I’ll give em that (whether THEY make it or not, well that is a difference of opinion. I’ll say 50/50) but Kershaw China, usually = junk, or in the case of some of these newer non-assisted D2 models, I will say, *Overpriced*

Last edited:
At least ZT should update 0450 and 0452 to be like 0562 with 20CV steel and both CF & TI models of each. This wouldn’t take much doing and would generate new sales.

1. 0450TI (CPM-20CV)
  2. 0450CF (CPM-20CV)
  3. 0452TI (CPM-20CV)
  4. 0452CF (CPM-20CV)
  5. 0562CF (CPM-20CV)
  6. 0562TI (CPM-20CV)

Um..
  1. 0452TI (CPM-20CV)
  2. 0452CF (CPM-20CV)
Yes please.
And then thiese:
  1. 0452CF (Magnacut)
  2. 0452TI (Magnacut)
  3. 0452TIBW (Magnacut)
  4. 0452CFBW (Magnacut)
  5. 0452RDBW (Magnacut)
  6. 0452GLCFBW (Magnacut)
Day one insta-buys. See how this works ZT?

Yes please.
And then thiese:
  1. 0452CF (Magnacut)
  2. 0452TI (Magnacut)
  3. 0452TIBW (Magnacut)
  4. 0452CFBW (Magnacut)
  5. 0452RDBW (Magnacut)
  6. 0452GLCFBW (Magnacut)
Day one insta-buys. See how this works ZT?
I’ll take a number 2, a number 3, and a large order of fries 🍟
(And a full-ti DLC, in Magancut, or TBH, I’m not that picky on the steel, something new and different would be cool…. How about S45VN or magnacut? Sounds easy enough, for F*** sake everyone else can do it

#2 seems like it would be an atm machine.

Someone is sleeping at the wheel if we don't see that in the next 6 months.
The titanium magnacut version? Yes, I agree, that’s all I’ve been reading about lately is how they need to bring back the TI model. But, back then they were a crazy good deal, like $210, less than the CF version IIRC. Not sure how they managed that (limited production?), but since they already charge $280 now for the CF in S35VN, A full ti AND Magnacut could be $350+ , maybe… but one or the other would be great to see, and you’re right people would buy them…

People were also begging for (and would’ve bought) full titanium 0566s on bearings. Lots and lots of them…
Never happened 🫤

The state of ZT makes me sad. My first expensive knives were ZTs. I’ve had over 30 of them but have since sold some off and have 12 or so now. Would love magnacut and for them to do a 0562ti in blackwash, as well as an updated 0566 using a ti lock side as well as a full ti version on KVT. I want ZT to succeed, I want to spend my money with them but they’ve been in a rut the last 3 or 4 years now. I don’t even remember what the last ZT I bought was.

It’s too bad they aren’t a sponsor on here anymore, it would be cool if we could speak to someone who works there, and maybe gain some insight as to what direction Zero Tolerance is headed

It's a shame but the way it seems to be going, KAI is more likely to discontinue ZT than offer anything new/interesting from ZT. :(

But, then again, maybe that's a good thing for me and other ZT collectors, because it would make our collections more valuable 🤷‍♂️

There's always a way to see some good in the bad. LOL! ;)

It's a shame but the way it seems to be going, KAI is more likely to discontinue ZT than offer anything new/interesting from ZT. :(

But, then again, maybe that's a good thing for me and other ZT collectors, because it would make our collections more valuable 🤷‍♂️

There's always a way to see some good in the bad. LOL! ;)
I have a lot of ZTs. Not as many as you probably, but the ones I have left, that have stuck around all these years (many NIB), are in my collection because I like them, I don’t have any plans to sell them (on the rare occasions I do that money usually goes towards another ZT… I’ve traded for a 0308blk and bought a 0560BW this year, sold a couple duplicates to get them).
Then again, most of my favorite models are the ones that have been discontinued for quite a while. But it wouldn’t take much for them to be relevant again.
Switch to magnacut, offer full ti models, of everything, and a couple new collabs (rexford, Hinderer and George sound good).
It really wouldn’t be that difficult to keep ZT going strong, they already have a HUGE fan base, right behind RHK and CRK if you ask me.

Also, it seems they don’t have a problem bringing back discontinued models, for a sprint run here or there (that new 0456 could be a good sign!).

Imagine if they came out with new 0560s, 0900s and/or updated 0566s, 0770s, 0400s, (on bearings of course) even just for some limited editions? People would go nuts. You folks would love me if I was the CEO

Edit: the 0808 was one that was overlooked BIG TIME in my opinion. Awesome edc, Same size roughly as the 0450, but it just feels like 2X the knife.

Last edited:
I know it's not gonna happen but if they could redo some limited runs of ZT0609 and ZT0392 that would be a dream in heaven for ZT fans.

I haven’t been in the blade game for too long but I’ve been in long enough to recognize, respect, and appreciate ZT knives for a while. In my experience and opinion, I feel that ZT is somewhat of a niche within KAI’s large manufacturing chain. I feel like they’re somewhat of a niche within the knife collecting community (obviously very popular but without a ton of models like other companies). My pessimistic and paranoid prediction is that they will fade out because I’m sure they’re making enough money off kershaw especially with kershaw’s endless models, most of them being affordable in general and more of them not being made in the states. ZT, to me, had always been their own class. To me, they’re almost always, heavy duty (various of size and weight) flippers. For better or worse, there are so many companies offering endless variations of knives. With so many offerings available, it must be hard for a brand that is essentially an “elite” or at least different yet similar version of its own company (kershaw) to compete with other brands, especially with a somewhat limited selection of knives. This was a long rant but man do I love ZT and hope to see some more “overbuilt” classics like my personal fav, the 0456

No S#!T
I don’t understand how they have KERSHAW models in Magnacut, but NOTHING from ZT has it yet????
And ZTs motto is “Tough & Overbuilt” “like a tank” etc…
I feel like this new steel ( good wear resistance, and Tougher than most anything) would be a PERFECT fit for ZT.
I just don’t get it, I feel like a teenager dropout could run a business better than ZT has been doing since Covid.
Covid excuses (supplies & employee shortages) are mostly all over, and this is getting pretty old, ZT. The fixed blade was cool, but it’s like you guys are leaving money on the table ON PURPOSE…
There must be something big going on (good or bad) with ZT, and I hope they stay around forever, they pretty much got me into knives.

Edit: for example I used to always look at what was available from ZT on payday at the bigger retailers. There was a new sprint or exclusive just about every few weeks. (remember the 0770M4, the 0566CFM390, 0801S110V, 0360SKD, and the 0801BRZ which is my “one that got away”, never mind the 0392PURBLK or the “BLUBOWIE”) Wish I had many of those now, they aren’t getting any easier to find, or cheaper.
And those were pretty special IMO, because back then not many knives came with those steels, and if they did they were very rare/expensive, not like today.
Well, it’s been a while, and let’s just say my extra money this week is going towards a Microtech 🤷‍♂️
The new M4 0456 was cool tho, just not my style, but I hope they keep doing stuff like that (*hint* different, new steels, paired with our old favorite, or discontinued models). Not holding my breath, but I won’t be rooting against them either!
Absolutely. Nothing wrong with 20CV, but it isn’t the best option for hard use. Magnacut would be perfect. Or even some Cruwear. And ZT surely has the capabilities for a cool new sting locking system. My guess is, they actually are doing really well with the models they put out, so there’s really no use to invest in the R&D for a new lock, and little incentive to change up blade steels.

Back