Zombie Slayer anyone?!?

I've made another prototype out of 1/4" thick aluminum.

Holy Crap this thing is huge and I haven't even done it in steel yet. I may need to take a little off the blade or add some length in the handle...or BOTH!

Dan

I've made another prototype out of 1/4" thick aluminum.

Holy Crap this thing is huge and I haven't even done it in steel yet. I may need to take a little off the blade or add some length in the handle...or BOTH!

Dan

This is going to be one sweet knife. :D

Being more of an "Outdoor Gear" knifemaker and less of a fantasy/art knifemaker...a zombie-slayer knife has never really appealed to me.

Until now. :D

I finished Abraham Lincoln: Zombie Slayer and am now reading Pride & Prejudice & Zombies - both by Seth Grahame-Smith.

And I think I can justify a Zombie Slayer as an "outdoor gear product" and *worthy* of my consideration.

What do you guys think?

Anybody have a good one? or been lusting for one?

For me, a zombie-slayer would have to have a little bit of whimsy to the design, but be deadly serious. It would have to be a knife that when unsheathed would make your wife/girlfriend/boss say "What would you EVER use that for? killing zombies or something?!?"

:D :eek: :p

Let's hear it - I need some comments for/against. :p

Oh, and pics would be nice.

Dan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
********Check out the Latest Drawing/Design HERE =====> http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=745847&page=4
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have you read the "Zombie Survival Guide" by Max Brooks? Its great also get World War Z..

Slicing doesn't work with Zombies. You need hacking, beheading and severe head trama.
I'm going with these..
PS. The lady in the picture is just a lady in the picture... Lol
4680088475_779389ef7e.jpg

and my backup...
Kukri%20Machete.jpg

Have you read the "Zombie Survival Guide" by Max Brooks? Its great also get World War Z..

I'll check it out. :thumbup:

I made another prototype in aluminum, complete with handles, grinds, finger ring and so on.

I realized I still need more handle length. So, this one's going to get some more. Back to the drawing board.

Dan

How were the books? I just bought pride and prejiduce and zombies for my mom since she likes jane austin. I was wondering if it is worth the read.

I really enjoyed them both. Having been subjected to not only the books but nearly all the movies (what we do for our wives...LOL) I have to say it was even funnier already knowing the characters. I mentioned them to my wife and she has no interest in the zombie take on it.

The interesting part is that the author keeps Jane Austin's original text in many pages and just inserts parts here and there....sometimes just a word, sometimes a paragraph, sometimes pages. It'll be obvious to those familiar with her work.

Nice zombie hacker pics!!!

Dan

Any updates on this? Kind of forgot about it and when I think about it, I wind up forgetting to post here.

Dang....I just had some steel cut and forgot to ask for a prototype of this one. Will have to get one cut with the next batch in a few weeks.

Dan

I do like the idea of some curvy stuff in the swedge....will toss it around a bit.

I made another prototype...will post a pic soon.

It's now a true 2-hander...:eek:

I also added an interesting birds-head-pommel-crusher. :D :eek:

22 inches overall

A BEAST!!!

Dan

lightsaber.jpg

I am going to go with one of these. Yes, they are fictional, but so are zombies. :)

n2s

Hello, two scale pins or three?

I always like three pins, for a blade this size it seems appropriate.

I'm so liking this profile :)

Back