Zombie Slayer anyone?!?

OK...... Where is the proto??? I have to see this thing. I really like the full 2hander look. I'm not sure if anyone approached this yet, but the glow in the dark scales would be a dead giveaway if your trying to evade the Zombie hordes. Although they do look really good!

Ohh Man, I like that last blade the best! I definitely want in on this passaround, if there is one.

Yes - I think I'll send this around for a passaround. Will have to make a custom box for shipping...:eek:

Dan

Hello - new here - is this where a person would ask about buying the knife talked about here? or is this the wrong place to ask?

Never hurts to ask...! :D

This is just the design thread where I post up pics and get suggestions for the prototype. As soon as I get a prototype done, then we'll turn it into a passaround for further comments/suggestions. Then, with any luck, this one will make it into production!

Best bet is to join my Mailing List (link below in my sig line) for updates, etc.

:thumbup:

Dan

Sure thing, guys.

Great news - I just ordered the last prototype - should be able to get this one wrapped soon!!

Dan

Yes - I think I'll send this around for a passaround. Will have to make a custom box for shipping...:eek:

Dan

the post office has a triangular tube mailer box that's fairly sturdy. and *might* work.

they don't list it online, but i've seen it in the PO.

i'm interested int he passaround.

Yes - I've used those many many times. They have their ups and downs. The shipping guys like to use them like baseball bats....:eek: :eek:

Dan

I got into knifemaking by sharpening kukris....did probably 150 or so before I made my first knife. Shipped nearly every one in a triangle box. These were all with wooden scabbards too. Should be indestructible, right?!? Sadly...not so. After about a half-dozen stories of guys whose packages showed up in 2 pieces..I stopped using the boxes. Thankfully none of the contents were ever seriously damaged. Didn't matter what I packed it with, probably a quarter of the boxes had major dings in 'em. Same with FedEx and UPS. Those boxes were made for documents...which is why the guys swing 'em around so much.

Nope...not for this baby. I'm going with a double-lined heavy-duty cardboard box that can take 250 lbs standing on top of it. Made by Uline.com And even then I"ll be reinforcing it with PVC piping...! :eek:

If everyone ships FedEx or UPS ground, it will be fairly inexpensive - around $12. I don't need more than the standard $100 insurance they offer on this one - it's a prototype after all...and it's gonna get used. ;)

Dan

And, I forgot to add:

I might even let you guys talk me into making it a giveaway to those on the passaround.

Whatcha think?

Dan

And, I forgot to add:

I might even let you guys talk me into making it a giveaway to those on the passaround.

Whatcha think?

Dan

I think that is one of the coolest things I have ever heard you say. BTW Dan my wife is from Rogers and used to live in Fayatville. What part of NWA you in? I plan on hitting the buffalo river this spring for some kayak camping. I may have to swing by on my way through for a meet and greet.

I live in Bentonville - next to Rogers.

Have been to the Buffalo River many times. Some spots along the river are better than others. ;)

Dan

def in on this passaround. Although to be honest...I'm ordering one regardless so...

def in on this passaround. Although to be honest...I'm ordering one regardless so...

If I got one for free, :D, I'd be putting my dinero towards the other models I like. Like the nessmuk, have had my eye on that one for a long time. Monster Nessie or more realistically a M.U.C.K. An EDC maybe?

Back