Zt 0500 mudd

I just wonder that if the seals got chipped/ripped and water or other gunk got in that the pivot and the lock would be more likely to remain wet/gunky since the compromised seals would hold the water/gunk in place? Before buying such a sealed unit I would like to know its long-term reliability over several years of use.

I just wonder that if the seals got chipped/ripped and water or other gunk got in that the pivot and the lock would be more likely to remain wet/gunky since the compromised seals would hold the water/gunk in place? Before buying such a sealed unit I would like to know its long-term reliability over several years of use.

Most all knives can be broken down and cleaned. The MUDD seals never gave me a problem, and with the design of the Hawk Lock, a little grime won't have an impact on its ability to stay locked should the seals fail.

IMG_0043.jpg

Nice review.

I picked up a blem some time ago - and the only complaint is the clip. I removed mine and in-pocket carry it while in the yard. I tied a lanyard long enough to allow it to hang slightly out of pocket.

It and my 0200 see hard yard duty on the weekends. They are definately knives that beg to be beat up.

Back