ZT 550 now with deep carry clip?

The 0561 clip is one of the best I have ever used. I prefer it to the OG 550s any day. The cutout on the outside on my 0561 has never hung up on my pants or jeans or whatnot. I know its a real concern with some folders, but the rounded corners of the cut out help alleviate this problem completely while making the entirety of the lock bar more inline with the blade.

I prefer a deep-pocket clip and it's a bit amazing to watch something the size of my 561 disappear in my pocket.

That said, the clips on my 550 and 551 fit more securely in my pocket. The 561 moves about more in the pocket, although it's never fallen out.

Another point in favor of the 550/551 clip is that they are a bit flatter; I'm more aware of holding the 561 clip when I grip the handle.

Both clips are excellent -- just different.

as it is i keep getting people asking me for a pen.. the new clip looks more like pen clip then the old one.. when i say it's not a pen, they always look at me like i'm just refusing to share. maybe one of these days i'll pull it out and show it to them. with skyline.. they don't ask too often. if they pay attention, they know it's not a pen.

You could carry a REAL pen next to your 550.

You should be OK unless TWO people ask you for a pen.

And a generous gift from Thomas shows up at my door. So awesome! :thumbup: :thumbup:

IMG_4963.jpg

nice lock bar :thumbup:
now it looks more like an XM :thumbup:
the new pocket clip logo not engrave compare to old 0550 :)

Maybe I misunderstand you, but the 560 has a cutout, also.

No, I think its my fault. I cant figure out what the cut out is for. I think you mean it is for easier opening? Using the thumb stud? or what? I am still confused.

Thanks

The cut out was always there, it's just moved to the outside. It was originally on the inner side of the titanium handle.

The cutout creates a thin part from which the lock bar is bent to create the inward pressure of the lock.

In case anyone is still interested in the difference. I just received mine from Dave today and attached pics.

New one on top.
img0086eb.jpg

And a generous gift from Thomas shows up at my door. So awesome! :thumbup: :thumbup:

IMG_4963.jpg

Interesting to see that KAI still can't quite decide how they want to mill their lock-bars... Hmmmm.

I still like the original design the most.. I like having my knife in reach and not so low that it hits my keys and what not in my pocket

Would have been nice to offer a deep carry clip for us OG 550/551 owners. I'm sorry but Elmax > S35

ZT0551 are limited I wouldn't want to drill it and also void the warranty in the process

Back