“Best” edc for apples

How has the Sprig not been mentioned yet?

1) Sprig
2) Spydiechef

Just leave bananas out of this and all will be well !
My favorite for bananas is, of course, SMATCHET! because it doesn't have a tanto point.

And for apples, instead of SMATCHET!, it's LEUKU!

Zieg

8628078_fpx.tif

Zieg

K09....works extremely well on citrus, strawberries, and most other fruits as well. Looking forward to making gallons of ambrosia.

I eat a lot of apples. The Chap is good and nice and thin at 2mm but the blade is just a tad short. The Delica is just a tad longer and with 2.5mm stock it still doesn't wedge much or break the apple slices. My other go to apple knife is my Caly3 but with 3mm stock it does start to wedge a little more but still doesn't break the slices off. For me the Military and Para2 get a little too thick for nice efficient apple slicing.

I eat a lot of apples. The Chap is good and nice and thin at 2mm but the blade is just a tad short. The Delica is just a tad longer and with 2.5mm stock it still doesn't wedge much or break the apple slices. My other go to apple knife is my Caly3 but with 3mm stock it does start to wedge a little more but still doesn't break the slices off. For me the Military and Para2 get a little too thick for nice efficient apple slicing.
This is becoming quite technical :)
I quarter my apples. I’ve never found the Chap lacking in length - even for larger varieties. But if you slice your apples all the way through as in your pic then, yes, it would be a bit short.

ETA: actually, I cut them into quarters, then 1/8s and then peel them :)

I use my Manix 2 LW, the BD1 steel gets super sharp easily, it's large enough and highly corrosion resistant.

Best Spyderco I have for apples is the GB air.
The thin FFG broad blades of other Spydercos slice good, ok for peeling, but awkward for coring.
I eat an apple almost everyday and find my 3.5" stockman clip point does best.

That's a good question.
I've tried several.
While I like the Chaparral I prefer the Delica, if it is a real large apple the Endura (HAP40) comes into play.
Still testing.... ;)

Back