1 Year Sober! Thank You

Checking in again. Thanks to everyone for their positivity and encouragement that gave me hope many times when I was needing it.

This week I celebrated one year of sobriety. It feels pretty good. I'm living at home. Wife and kids are happy. We actually have another baby on the way in a few months. IT'S A BOY!!!

It seems like life is a journey. A journey made up of little steps. Each little step is an important one. Not because of how big they are, but because of what direction they put you in. Each little step determines the destination. It is not where you are on the road that is so important, but what direction you are going.

This has been a hard year but also probably the best and most important of my life. I am a lucky guy. Thanks again.

Hell Yeah brother Congrats!!!!!!! Man a year has passed, I am so happy for you, you can do anything you set your mind too. Grats on the new bundle coming as well. Keep working hard and another year will go by just as fast. Like our other brothers said you are not alone man we will always be here for you.

Checking in again. Thanks to everyone for their positivity and encouragement that gave me hope many times when I was needing it.

This week I celebrated one year of sobriety. It feels pretty good. I'm living at home. Wife and kids are happy. We actually have another baby on the way in a few months. IT'S A BOY!!!

It seems like life is a journey. A journey made up of little steps. Each little step is an important one. Not because of how big they are, but because of what direction they put you in. Each little step determines the destination. It is not where you are on the road that is so important, but what direction you are going.

This has been a hard year but also probably the best and most important of my life. I am a lucky guy. Thanks again.
Btw....congratulations on the boy!!

Nice going, Eric.

After a (large) # of years, I just explain to those who ask: "I found I didn't do it well, so I don't do it."
Seems like there's a number of folks who want crash-and-burn stories from us. I always played it down,
my life is my responsibility and my business, not theirs.

Be gentle with yourself.

"I'm living at home. Wife and kids are happy. We actually have another baby on the way in a few months. IT'S A BOY!!!"

Dayum dude! I dont know how it could go any better? Grats on your new direction and I have to quote Warren Zevon via Kismet. "Enjoy every Sandwich"! Id have to add Monty Pythons "Always look on the bright side of life.... ".

I tip my hat to you Sir. What you have done is not easy and what you continue to do is man's work. Well done!:)

This is an incredible story and journey so far...Congrats! One year...thats a great leap and an excellent start.
You have been in my prayers since I found this thread.
Keep on trucking, keep your head up. Guys on this forum will be around for you!

Congratulations on the baby...

Sharp & Fiery

Hello again,
I wanted to give special recognition to some of my brothers here on the forum.

George has been ridiculously faithful to message me at random asking how I am doing.
Bawanna is a selfless person always willing to give expecting nothing in return.
Bookie and nDog who are humble everyday people who can craft and create anything and everything.
Pugs for always having a positive word to say, and also making some of the best sheaths I have ever held.
David99 for having tons of knowledge and experience with khuks and sharing it to be helpful.
Cul4u must be the luckiest guy alive to have 2 monster ceremonial knives. Also thanks for caring about me this last year.
RayseM has a great sense of humor and is a good guy.
Kismet is a man of few words but the few he uses have power behind them.
SteelyGuns has a lot of good ideas and has shared a lot over the years.
Forsaken for having my same Blade Forum birthday
Howard for his wisdom and the willingness to share it. Also for doing so much for the forum.
Yvsa shared a wealth of knowledge and wisdom in his days.
Bill. Of course Bill! Bill lives on. At least his spirit and ideas do. I have no idea what his voice sounded like but I hear his tone in my head when I read his writings. His writings are what attracted me to HI in the first place. From his mindset and from the foundation he built, HI is still living on through Yangdu, Pala, the kamis, and this wonderful forum. It is still doing good and spreading good to those who come along. I have only been with this forum for a short time but it has already done a lot of good for me. I am trying my best to keep on giving from what I have been given.
If I missed anyone, chime in and I will thank you too!

Today marks my year and a half without alcohol. What does this have to do with Khukuris?... Everything.

Last edited:
Way to go! Keep going, one day at a time.

Been there, and it's not easy, but doable.

We right there with you, you will always have our support, and if ever needed, reach out anytime.

Thank you for the kind words brother. We have a very special group of people here on HI and I so proud to be part of it. I am very proud of you as well, keep driving forward brother, you are stronger than you think!! Family, Friends and Fun is all ya need. We are always here!!!!!!

Congratulations to you Eric! Hang in there my friend. Life will get sweeter and sweeter. Many bumps in the road but we serve a great big God!!

Back