• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

1084......For Sale...........

I gotta say that I like this 1084 for damascus a lot. The higher Mn gives it a nice black etch that (if properly finished) can last a while even through a good bit of use.

Thumbs up from me!

-d

Hey Joe,
Yes I did get your e-mail. We had a glitch with UPS (which is fixed now) and I have just been way busy trying to fill orders and get something done for Ashokan. I will have to get back to you the begining of the week.
I'm sure we can tend to your steel needs.:D
Thanks for being patient.:thumbup:
Mace

*****Still taking orders for steel...*************:D

Hey Joe,
Yes I did get your e-mail. We had a glitch with UPS (which is fixed now) and I have just been way busy trying to fill orders and get something done for Ashokan. I will have to get back to you the begining of the week.
I'm sure we can tend to your steel needs.:D
Thanks for being patient.:thumbup:
Mace

*****Still taking orders for steel...*************:D
No huge hurry. I am leaving for Europe on Tuesday and won't be back until October 1. Make usre you set aside that pile for me:D So.....are you finishingup the gladius?

Hey Mace, Here's a blade I forged Saturday during the forging demo I did at Blade West. Everyone keeps telling me I'm not supposed to get hamon's like this with 1084. BTW I also won best fighter with a blade out of your steel. Can you post the chemistry of this steel again....... I can remember shit......

PDRM0396.JPG

I was thinking about buying this at Ashokan but not coming home immediately and restricted by airline baggage limits.

Now I'm home and still thinking about this stuff. I'm curious about the weight per foot on both sizes of this stuff. Can you enlighten me so I can roll it around in my head.

Shipping cost to 60302 for 20 pounds would be good to know also.

Thanks

Corey "synthesist" Gimbel

It's great stuff, It's what I put in Dan's hand when I worked with him on his first blade, I have since taught about 10 new smiths on the stuff, and done a couple of my own blades with it. Mace, you aren't going to run out soon are you? that would be a tragedy for us who can't scrape together enough cash to buy a 10 year supply.
BTW how much for 2 sticks of the wide stuff to 13211?

-Page

For you stock removal makers, this 1084 is awesome. I got the 1/4" by 1 1/2" from Mace and made this knife. It's perfomance is unreal as far as edge holding is concerned. Tough as hell.
Scott

Attachments

• IM000059.JPG
    IM000059.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 78
Wow! Great knives!
Thanks for the accolades!:D
Sorry I have not got back to you fellas yet(Corey and Page) with shipping info.
Here is the run down on wieght and size.
1 1/2" x 1/4" comes in 4' bars and are 5lbs. each
1" x 1/4" come in 6' bars and are 5lbs. each

This steel won't be around forever....Get it while you can!:D
Mace

MACE!!!!

Post the chemistry for the 1.5"x.25" stuff here, like Mr. Richard asked for, ya bum!:D

Here are the specs.:D

1 1/2"
carbon .89
Manganese .90
Phosphorus .017
Sulpher .016
Silicon .29

and 1"
C .86
M .68
P .009
S .024
Sil. .29

Mace
P.S. Oh yeah...I have CRS too!:D

Hi Mace

Sent you an email the other day about getting some of this shipped up to canada and haven't heard back yet. Any idea what shipping would be for 15 pounds of each size to calgary, alberta, canada, T2K0Y7.

Thanks
Ryan

Hey Mace,
I'm back.....any word on sending you a pile of money through PayPal for a pile of that steel?:D

Please forgive me for not getting back to some of you guys. I have been very busy as of late and have been in a coma like state for the last few days with some kind of bug. I am on it, and will get your shipping info out.
Again, sorry for the wait.
Mace

Gentlemen,
I am sorry and yet happy;) to say that we no longer have the 1 1/2" steel available.

We do still have the 1" and are taking orders.:D

Mace

I could kick myself for not buying some of the wide stuff at Ashokan! I hate being broke!

Are you likely to be getting more 1 1/2 inch wide stock? one of my students wants to make bigger stuff than what's easy to do out of a 1 inch bar.

-Page

Mace, you say you are taking orders, will you be carrying the 1/4" by 1 1/2" as regular stock for future purchase?
Scott

Hey guys,
Not sure about future steel at this time....but will keep you posted.
We are looking into a couple of options....and are always on the lookout for odd lots of steel.

Scott, We are taking orders on the 1" that we have in stock right now.

Chuck, I will not be at that show. I am having an open studio at my shop that weekend.
Thanks
Mace

Back