111MM SAK Users Thread

Bundeswehr Taschenmesser, neues Modell (GAK 2003)

attachment.php

I like the eagle.

attachment.php

View attachment 501012View attachment 501013
I met some guys out here that were training in the area and were members of the German Air Force and that is what they really carry.:cool:

I like the 111mm series and own several from this series. For me they're too big for EDC, but the Soldier is one of my favourites for camping.

One-Hand Nomad, Victorinox Grip collection

attachment.php

attachment.php

I bought one as an $18 closeout. The dual-density scales are injection molded polycaprolactam which is called Polyamide 6 in Europe and Nylon 6 in the USA. Unlike hard nylon, Nylon 6 has a little "give" and it stresses your carpal tendon less when you grip down hard. The scales have inserts of black thermoplastic polyurethane to give a stickier grip when the knife is wet. They work as intended and they are springier than Nylon 6.

Soldatenmesser 08 has dual-density scales. Very nice!

800px-Soldatenmesser_08-2.JPG

Nomad1.jpgNomad2.jpg

Does anyone know when the first 111mm Vic SAKs were introduced? (Reviving this old thread.) Since I carry the Adventurer (2-layer enlarged Tinker), I was trying to figure just when the 111mm models were introduced. Can't remember how long its been since I started carrying the Adventurer, but it certainly has been more than 10 years. I carried a Tinker in the 80's and believe I switched over to the 111mm size in the 1990's.

Back