112/110 Slim Pro First Mods

My main gripe about the clip is that the screws are not recessed. I modified this on my pro, will post pics this weekend.

My main gripe about the clip is that the screws are not recessed. I modified this on my pro, will post pics this weekend.
I modified the Pro, not the select, by grinding a bevel onto the attachment-plate and cutting countersinks around the holes and using beveled flat-head screws for mounting - not a perfect job but it is an outstanding improvement for ease of carry - knife slips all the way on and off the pocket much more easily without snagging threads of the seam:

asKoIN3.jpg

uS7wOYd.jpg

8yAAaBX.jpg
ekFtIEn.jpg

looks good. mind explaining more how you did that?
I used T6 flat head screws (2-56) and the angle on the head matched the bevel angle on my 3/16 or 5/32" drill bits for steel, so used those to cut a bevel in each screw hole, then switched to a grind-bit to de-burr the holes. For the ramp, I used the flat face of a cut-off wheel - just set it spinning and brought the edge-to-bevel onto it.

Here's how a vantage pocket clip looks on my Slim Ranger limited edition dark brown:
slim-ranger-vantage-clip-1.jpg

Of course this would require that I use a router or file to make a 5/16" wide X 1/16" deep flat area on the pommel then tap two weensy holes for the screws... well beyond the limits of my workshop and technical experience.
slim-ranger-vantage-clip-2.jpg

If you look back at the first picture, you'll notice I rounded off the flared pommel some for a more comfortable grip. I believe the flare originally aided in pulling the Ranger out of a sheath, but that's not where this EDC edition lives. I also sanded down the "nub" where the blade and lock meet a bit and softened the edge of the front flare.

I'd still like to know what the small black clip was from in the original post on page 1. Love this knife as a rural/outdoors EDC.

Last edited:
Back