112 Drop Point Blade added to New Products section - Web Exclusive

I'm not sure how I missed the heads up in this thread, but I just received the email from Buck about this knife and couldn't resist (the 20% coupon I had really sealed the deal). Brass and ebony look so incredible together and the combination of the drop point and smaller size (compared to the 110) is going to make this a fantastic user!

After getting a 112 drop point I prefer it to the clip point on the 112. I’m still partial to the clip point on the 110 but I have a mix in both the 110 and 112 in different blade steels. Especially when camping I carry a 117 or 119 sheathed on belt with a 112 or 110 drop point. It works well that way having both.

Yep... This is going to be a excellent user! It’s going to work with me today. :)

KbnhUVQ.jpg

I received mine today. It looks great!

But, it has a lot of grit and is one of the tightest Buck knives that I have ever received. It is very difficult to open. I have not washed it out yet, but I am not sure that it will make any difference.

It’s too bad that is is not as smooth and slick as the 110 ebony drop that I received a couple of months ago.

I received mine today. It looks great!

But, it has a lot of grit and is one of the tightest Buck knives that I have ever received. It is very difficult to open. I have not washed it out yet, but I am not sure that it will make any difference.

It’s too bad that is is not as smooth and slick as the 110 ebony drop that I received a couple of months ago.

I had a tight 112 drop point 5160 a few months ago. C&C swore it would loosen up. I flushed and blew it out it until clear oil came out. Then worked it using a rag. After some use it was pretty smooth. Still firm but not tight.

I have been working it for about an hour opening and closing after cleaning it out and oiling it. It has improved a bit, but still extremely tight.

If it were a slipjoint, it would be a nail breaker and about a 9 or 10!! About like an elephant toenail or sunfish.

I have been working it for about an hour opening and closing after cleaning it out and oiling it. It has improved a bit, but still extremely tight.

If it were a slipjoint, it would be a nail breaker and about a 9 or 10!! About like an elephant toenail or sunfish.

Send it back.

I received a 112 Pro a few months ago that was very stiff and rough to open. So difficult in fact that I named her Widowmaker due to the cuts I suffered while working the action.

I've flushed it frequently with Tri-Flow and cycled the blade over 2,000 times. It's still stiff but the blade is by far the sharpest of all my Bucks. It's a daily carry so I figure that I'll just continue to use it until it requires sharpening. That's when I'll send it in and the good people at Buck can decide what it needs.

Last edited:
Back