12 Hours of Sanding Later... 3-5 Update with Yanagi Ba Pics!

Daniel Fairly Knives

Full Time Knifemaker
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
And I have these! :D 9 at the KMG and 3 by hand... handles shaped!

I have to say, thee are coming out pretty good! :D ...maybe my best handles yet, all Coke bottle style.

Bad pic but the sun is already behind the mountain and I haven't scrubbed all of this carbon fiber off yet! mmm... tasty!

Double Plunges, Yanagi Ba and a deep dish Compound grind! To me these are the three trickiest grinds to pull off. I'm training for umm... something gnarly! :D

Awesome work on those! I really like that top one. Is that ironwood or cocobolo?

Absolutely love them. What are the measurements on the top two. And as important, are they spoken for? :) (if not consider it so now! Lol)

Absolutely love them. What are the measurements on the top two. And as important, are they spoken for? :) (if not consider it so now! Lol)

Thanks! These two are up for grabs! Here are some quick measurements.

Yanagi Ba - 210 mm Blade or about 13.25" total. I'll weight it soon but it feels very nice, the carbon fiber is just excellent on the handle! Feels fast but solid... steady in the hand.

Gyuto - 240 mm Blade or roughly 14.5" Heavily tapered tang and distal taper for a nice fast feel in the hand.

Here's a coupe more pics! I have sanded a lot on this one today... looking good and almost there!

This. ^
I have come to love CF and that single tang pin is so classy.

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate the comments and kind words!

when I get married, I gotta put you on the wedding registry lol. My gf already knows that its going to happen

Back