17 cm pocket hatchet

Nice! I have an Uluchet that is about that size when the handle is unfolded. It is not a great wood chopper but is good for field dressing game and getting together the basics for a fire.

DancesWithKnives

I love that hatchet! Much of the time I'm using mine, my hand is choked up right under the head just like that anyway. That sheath is a beauty also!

Very nice!Now you got me thinking I need to do one like that.
That would be good for dressing big game.
I like the various carry options of the sheath too,very cool.
Thanks for the pics samek.

Look nice, would look better with a long handle; if you know how to make the handle from a scratch, will be verry good asset:thumbup:

Very nice job! That looks like an excellent little pocket tool for use out here in the Northwest.

Very unique all the way around. Being able to choke up on handle near the head would help with control when carving. Don't know what the hole in the head is used for unless you use it to hang hatchet from a nail. If you were to ream it out a little more, it could maybe be used for making fire with a bow and drill Nice leather work.

Very unique all the way around. Being able to choke up on handle near the head would help with control when carving. Don't know what the hole in the head is used for unless you use it to hang hatchet from a nail. If you were to ream it out a little more, it could maybe be used for making fire with a bow and drill Nice leather work.

Certain thorny vines around here make for good natural cordage once the thorns are gone. That hole in the head would be great for that too. Just pull the vine through the hole and the thorns strip right off. I imagine, like most such things, the hole is mostly there to collect dirt and possibly a small spider if left alone too long.

That looks excellent! Plenty big enough to start a fire or shelter and small enough for carving and many knife chores.

That, to me, makes more sense than a chopper type of knife that doesn't do anything well.

Certain thorny vines around here make for good natural cordage once the thorns are gone. That hole in the head would be great for that too. Just pull the vine through the hole and the thorns strip right off. I imagine, like most such things, the hole is mostly there to collect dirt and possibly a small spider if left alone too long.

Now that is an interesting use of the hole. Then there is the pet spider theory.

Samek I think this is very much like the Kabar that you made into a puuko a while ago. You make good big things into better little things. Did you ever sell that knife or do you still have it?

Back