20" Gelbu Special vs. 25" Kumar Kobra

Thanks again for the cool info! I still think I need one to go prairie dog hunting!!!:) :D :rolleyes:

You can hunt Prarrie dogs in Spring with a handgun before the regular shooters show up. Once they've been shelled at long range, long range it is. Now though, Montana in its infinite wisdom has cut the season short, to save edangered prarrie dogs that aren't endangered in Montana but may be in other places.

munk

Warthogs Ugly as Sin but down and dirty like a grunt of the Air,Gimme two if HI sell's 'em:D

Uncle Bill,
Maybe the Kamis can't make a Warthog, but they've already captured it's virtues in their blades. Awesome power and versatility, in a durable and dependable package.
Besides, already got my own Warthog. It doesn't fly anymore, we've got it on display out front of our squadron. I supervised hauling it here from Colorado, all in pieces, on three forty foot flatbeds. Then me and my guys spent several weeks putting it back together. Biggest "model airplane kit" I ever took on. It's just a shell of it's former self, but we've got it decked out with inert bombs, sidewinders, and mavericks, so it looks like it's ready to fly and fight. Gives our Army brethren driving by in their Abrams tanks cause to be thankful we're on the same team.

Sarge

now if you could just take it with you when you retire and put it on your front lawn.

munk

Don't tempt me Munk,
We had one Colonel that somehow scored a nose gun when he retired (just the barrel assembly, the whole gun is HUGE). He had the silly thing chrome plated and mounted it on the roof of his garage facing out towards the road! Most folks have no idea what they're looking at, but those that do nearly wreck their cars doing a double take.

Sarge

Originally posted by Hibuke
Like I said, they tried it. The main reason it's never going to be a viable weapons system is due to 3 main factors;

1) Recoil. The amount of recoil in a 5.56mm NATO round is very managable, <snip>

Great write-up! Just reading this thread brought the movie back to life. Now I'm going to have to go rent it?

Any suggestions on a movie for the missus so that I can get this one all to myself? (you married folks know-what-I-mean) ;)

Pend, just look for something that does not have guns on the cover and a suitably arty title... Message in a Bottle, Sleepless in Seattle, Autumn in New York, or even (god forbid) Titanic.

BTW, I understand exactly what you mean... :D
Andrew Limsk

Originally posted by pendentive

Great write-up! Just reading this thread brought the movie back to life. Now I'm going to have to go rent it?

Any suggestions on a movie for the missus so that I can get this one all to myself? (you married folks know-what-I-mean) ;)

Hey Redvenom, why 'red'? Does that mean something with comics I don't know?

munk

Originally posted by Sylvrfalcn
Don't tempt me Munk,
We had one Colonel that somehow scored a nose gun when he retired (just the barrel assembly, the whole gun is HUGE).

Yeah, like I said, the *WHOLE* cannon, along with giant ammo drum containing 1174 rounds, measures longer than a Cadillac! Without Ammo drum, it's more than 1.5 times the length of most sedan cars!

Then again, it ain't the most powerful gatling cannon *EVER FLOWN* for nothing!

A flying juggernaut with a variable arsenal. My fave loadout is 4 M61 'Vulcan' 20mm Gatling guns, a Bofors 40mm Rapid Fire cannon and a 105mm Howitzer! Yes, you heard it right! It carries a 105mm artillery gun!

Plus, it carries up to 50,000 rounds of ammunition!

:D:D:D:D:D

You wouldn't want that for Prairie Dog hunting! :D

Originally posted by SkagSig40
Thanks again for the cool info! I still think I need one to go prairie dog hunting!!!:) :D :rolleyes:

There won't be very much left after you're done, including your hunting companions! :D:D:D

Originally posted by Hibuke
A flying juggernaut with a variable arsenal. My fave loadout is 4 M61 'Vulcan' 20mm Gatling guns, a Bofors 40mm Rapid Fire cannon and a 105mm Howitzer! Yes, you heard it right! It carries a 105mm artillery gun!

Plus, it carries up to 50,000 rounds of ammunition!

:D:D:D:D:D

In VC land, we called the C 130 "Puff the Magic Dragon". Put on a hell of a show at night! Awesome! Spooked the sheeat out of the gooks and sometimes us.

Semp --

especially when it circled a paddy field and let flares loose and you saw the waving red wand

Back