2007 BFC Knife Pattern Vote (vote here)

i'd love to see a cannltler ..and for tht reason I'll vote it
yes D2 would Rock
4 inch stock 2nd choice

I'm abstaining from voting because the 420J2 steel blades might be a deal breaker for me. All the patterns look fine and I probably will wind up putting in for one. If we can get a higher grade steel even for more money, I'm definitely in.

What's up, looks like me and Gus are the only ones who like the SB Whittler, c'mon someone else has to like this pattern.

**A little update here to confuse things even more: I spoke with Canal Street today regarding blade steel choices. The stockman and whittler are 420 stainless, but the cannitler will be D2, as that's how they'll be offering the knife as the production model. Those are the steels offered on those patterns, with no changes possible. If anyone wants to change their vote because of this, go right ahead, I'll sort it out. I'm really curious about something though; are there many of you who would use this knife as a full blown EDC? To me the steel isn't so important that it would affect my choice since I intend to mount our annual knives on the wall in a nice glass case that I made. I guess if I were to use it for slicing and dicing on a daily basis it would make somewhat of a difference, but these are a little too special for me. Anyone going for the carry?

Eric

Yes, I'm going to carry. I carry all my knives, except the century-old ones that don't even get sharpened.

I would be interested to hear if CSC's "420" is 420HC or some lesser version of 420. I've read conflicting reports. CSC's site says "high carbon", but I believe that's new verbiage. Could you possibly confirm?

-- Sam

Shaldag,
Should I take that as a vote for the whittler?:confused: :D

Eric

Good point Eric. If I could afford 2, then yes I'd carry one. To be honest I still haven't wound up the courage to use my ring knife yet, let alone EDC it.

Got it Glamdring. I've also posted Shaldag's thumbs up as a whittler vote.

Eric

For those of you who are confused as to what a canittler looks like, here's a shot of the prototype for the knife Canal Street's making for the Wolverine Knife Club. This is probably identical to what we'd get. There are shots of the stockman, whittler, etc on their web site if you want to check them out.
2q00vp4.jpg
[/IMG]

Eric

PS- I borrowed this image from Rivit's post on another thread.:cool: :D

Whatever the final knife is to be, lets be sure and have the blade etch in a style similar to this example and not the big honkin' block letters like on the ring knife. Otay?

Back